Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

How do I stop the "My Offers" Popup?

I am getting the same pop-up (with a sound alert) over and over again (advertising the Roku Soundbar) when on the home screen for my TCL Roku TV. I can't get it to stop happening. I have tried removing the "My Offers" feature from the home screen. I've tried clicking the offer in the "My Offers" listing on the home screen. This is repetitive, annoying, and disruptive. There has got to be a way to turn this OFF. Especially with the annoying sound effect. Not cool, Roku, not cool.

(As an aside, why are you pushing the soundbar so hard on a person who already has a Roku TV? Why would I need a soundbar that can do streaming when it's already built into my TV?)

4 Replies
Highlighted

Re: How do I stop the "My Offers" Popup?

Thank you! I’ve tried everything you mentioned, along with resetting ad preferences hoping it would make it go away. You’d think they market their aggravating streaming soundbar offer to those 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵𝗼𝘂𝘁 a Roku tv. Or better yet allow users the common decency of choosing whether or not they want to keep seeing that incessant, aggravating marketing ploy. 

Highlighted
Level 7

I know! And I can't find a single thing about it online. Every time I search, I just get listings for buying the stupid sound bar. No matter what other search terms I use. It's so frustrating.

Highlighted

It’s like they’ve purposely made it so that any search about how to get rid of their irrelevant, unwanted, annoying offer redirects us to more advertising links offering the soundbar. It is unsettling how much it irks me to see that ad every time I press the home button. Around 05.15 AM, I clicked on the option to have the offer sent to my email address. It’s almost 7 AM now, and I have yet to come across it. I’ll be randomly monitoring during the next few hours to make sure it is truly gone. Here’s hoping it works!

0 Kudos
Highlighted

I'm happy to report I haven't seen that stupid soundbar offer all day! 

0 Kudos