Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ponder
Level 7

Re: Too many channels

Jump to solution

Yay!

Stonefree is right... now my "Live TV" tile is back to being like my old "Antennae" tile.

Favorites are back, and 'prev channel' works like it should.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

But some people do like the new channels. The problem was with the implementation. They need a way to toggle the online channels on/off, and to select/hide individual channels. So I hope they do bring them back.

My Samsung TV has the same online channels, and we do watch a handful of them. But it would be great to hide the ones I don't care about. These channels are offered via Pluto TV, so you can get them back. But there's some slight differences between what's available via the Pluto app and the channels that were listed on the Roku and Samsung TVs. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Ponder wrote:

Agree, don't like the new "Live TV" tile.

Agree, let us keep the old "Antennae" tile if we don't want the new features.

Here is the Roku blog post (where we can't add comments).

https://blog.roku.com/live-tv-channel-guide

[cheese - thanks for the tip, that makes it at least tolerable] 

OK, I just read that blog post, and it says that these channels were supposed to be within The Roku Channel. Someone must have thought it was a good idea to add them to the main OTA channel guide as well, which we all know was not a great idea. But I did just check TRC and they are all still available there. So now they're where they were supposed to be in the first place, according to that blog post. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
jef846
Level 8

Re: Antenna TV channels / Streaming TV

Jump to solution

They are on the Roku Channel.   Go to the Roku Channel and click on live TV.  That's where they were before.

0 Kudos
Lantern
Level 9

Jump to solution

Now the channel guide is gone.

0 Kudos
gillesC
Level 8

Jump to solution

They were right there! No opening another app!

Oh **bleep**, I just want it the way it was, like in 1960! wah wah wah

Put the streams back on the antenna!

nevertrumper
Level 7

Jump to solution

I liked it too

jef846
Level 8

Jump to solution

I still have my channel guide

0 Kudos
MrHatchet
Level 7

Jump to solution

I still have them but the ota channels are not in live tv guide I have to got to antenna from the home menu of my Roku TV to view them

0 Kudos
Macmanjimmy69
Level 8

Re: Temporary?

Jump to solution

ME ! Im with (renojim) along with many others are UPSET about this new feature... if I wanted to see PLUTO channels id use the Pluto app, just want to see my 50 OTA channels nothing more

I have a strange suspicion that this "intuition" into the OTA channels of our Televisions is a FCC violation..

Not after 1 hour after my "option" to submit a complaint with the BBB FTC and FCC all of a sudden the extra channels are now GONE.. 

Requested a setting to make having these added channels an option and I just bet, thats what ROKU is working on now.. Setting preferences 

You're Welcome !  LMAO

0 Kudos