Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
demsd
Level 13

Re: Roku Live TV being forced into antenna channels since guide update.

Jump to solution

Yes, @Cjm8337. They are free.

Roku Ultra 4670X
40" TCL Roku TV
50" TCL Roku TV
0 Kudos
Trebor429
Level 9

Jump to solution

Yup a restart removed the obnoxious channels...  Perhaps Roku realized they pushed a little to far...

Too bad for @demsd  

VirtueSignal
Level 8

Jump to solution

@demsd,

Thanks for the unsolicited advice, but my original question was: "Do you work directly for Roku, or are you a subcontractor?"

@demsd wrote:

@VirtueSignal 

You are comparing toe nails to sunflower seeds. Painting someone's care without their expressed permission is not the same as Roku updating the features of it's operating system. You paint someone's care who never asked for it, and you'd be sued and possibly arrested and jailed. Roku does not need your permission to update it's OS. It can't be sued, arrested or jailed for doing so.

You clearly can't tell the difference between toe nails and sunflower seeds. My advice is to never accept any sunflower seeds from anyone, cuz you could end up eating someone's toe nails, and never know.

0 Kudos
Cochise52
Level 7

Jump to solution

For me the worst part highlights yet another major issue -- No Numeric keypad!!!!  WAY to many channels to be useful without the ability to "jump" around the list

farbster
Level 7

Jump to solution

Ran a system update and TV is back to normal now - Thanks ROKU for fixing your patch

mAARKY1
Level 8

Jump to solution

"scroll to the left" from where?

0 Kudos
steveg3
Level 9

Jump to solution

@farbster wrote:

Ran a system update and TV is back to normal now - Thanks ROKU for fixing your patch

OK, I'm impressed, it seems to be fixed. Update showed a channel update and something about releasing gravity locks. Anyway it does appear to be back to normal. Haven't checked yet to see if there is any on/off now for the streaming channels.

CitzenCain
Level 9

Jump to solution

Just turned on the TV and the streaming channels are gone !!!

jrkenn
Level 8

Re: How do I remove the Roku streaming channels from the "Live TV" channel guide?

Jump to solution

I actually liked the streaming channels on the ota guide. Very disappointed they took them off. I hope they do another update and add them back and give some sort of option to hide them for the folks that dont like them

steveg3
Level 9

Re: How do I remove the Roku streaming channels from the "Live TV" channel guide?

Jump to solution

@jrkenn wrote:

I actually liked the streaming channels on the ota guide. Very disappointed they took them off. I hope they do another update and add them back and give some sort of option to hide them for the folks that dont like them

That would be the smart way to do it. Hopefully they know better now how different folks use their TVs differently and one size doesn't fit all. Whole point of "smart" TV is being able to adjust things within reason to one's preference.