Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Julio2
Level 8

Re: How do I remove the Roku streaming channels from the "Live TV" channel guide?

Jump to solution

I'll be buying a new tv in the next few days if Roku doesn't fix this, and it won't be a Roku TV

ncguy68
Level 9

Re: How do I remove the Roku streaming channels from the "Live TV" channel guide?

Jump to solution

Favorite Channels are gone too… so I have to scoll through all the channels now. 

Trebor429
Level 9

Jump to solution

I am in a an even worse case now. Guess what happens if your internet goes out like mine did in the middle of the night --  You guessed it, NO ANTENNA TV AT ALL.  If the internet goes out, the TV will not load ANY channels in the guide.  (Thanks Cox...)

Brilliant move Roku, simply brilliant.

Folks be warned, replacement TVs will now be the next toilet paper rush at Walmart or Best Buy.

DodgerKing
Level 9

Jump to solution

Everyone asking them to give us the option to turn this off or have them remove it all together, there are better options. The streamlining the IPTV, premium content, and OTA content into one guide is actually a really cool idea and many of us love it. So please do not ask them to remove it, or to ONLY give us the option to include or not include the channels. Some of us want to include a couple of these Live TV channels in the guide so we don't have to switch APPs.  So instead of asking them to change it back or asking them to give us the option to include or not include all of these channels, ask them to improve on this idea to allow us to choose our content.

Here are two easy options: 

1) Create a "Favorites" or "My Channels" option in addition to "All Channels" & "Last Channels", which allows us to create a list of only those channels we want for OTA, LiveTV, and Premium channels. For those that don't want any of these or even all of these channels, they do not have to include them in their list

2) If #1 is not possible, then alow us to edit the Live TV channels channels along with the OTA channels in the input settings like we already do with the OTA channels

DodgerKing
Level 9

Allow us to edit the channel list for both OTA and LiveTV

Jump to solution

I think the integration of the LiveTV and OTA channels in the same guide is an awesome idea.  There are many that do not like it and their first reaction is to request it be removed.  Instead of simply giving us the option to include or not include the Live TV channels in the OTA guide, there are better options. Many of us to want some of these channels included in the guide so we don't have to switch APPs. The ability to edit the list would be even better than simply giving us the option to turn them off or on.

Here is what you can do with the next update:

1) Allow us to create a "Favorites" or "My Channels" option in addition to "All Channels" & "Last Channels:. This will allow us to create a list of only those channels we want for both OTA and Live TV. For those that don't want any IPTV channels, they do not have to include them in their list

2) Allow us to edit the Live TV channels channels along with the OTA channels in the input settings like we already do with the OTA channels.

But please do NOT remove the LiveTV channels from the guide.  

thedepster
Level 7

Jump to solution

I don't understand why they didn't do it like my Samsung TV did--they added streaming channels to my antenna guide, but allowed me the option of turning them all off (and provided another app so I could access them that way) or hiding the streaming channels I didn't want to access through the antenna guide.  Problem solved!

Isn't this also an issue for cable or Dish subscribers?  How is this affecting their service?

jlanta40
Level 7

Re: Too many channels

Jump to solution

You are 100% correct...too many channels.  If I wanted those channels, I would go to the Roku App!  PLEASE REMOVE "LIVE TV" AND GIVE BACK ORIGINAL OTA ANTENNA TILE!!

dannyt
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have been using TCL and Sharp ROKU enabled TV's for years and had been very happy with them. With this latest update (?) I am ready to throw out my TV's and get non-ROKU smart TV's. I had my TV set to go to antenna TV on power up and now it goes to the clunky guide instead. I watch a lot of over the air TV and now it is nearly impossible. My favorites are gone and scrolling through all those channels without the abiIity to select channels I MIGHT want to keep in the lineup was a terrible idea. Hey ROKU, wake the hel! up. You better get a fix out or you are going to be losing customers by the boatloads. You are not doing yourselves any favors.

cwcheese
Level 9

Re: Too many channels

Jump to solution

It seems there was a major update yesterday that added a slew of Roku Channel channels to the OTA list. It is surprising there was no announcement made on the Home screen to alert Roku TV users it was going to happen.

I hope the Favorites section will still exist since my set of favorite channels has been wiped out as if I'd done a factory reset.

What say you, Roku Support ???

steveg3
Level 9

Jump to solution

@DodgerKing wrote:

Everyone asking them to give us the option to turn this off or have them remove it all together, there are better options. This is a cool idea and many love it. So please do not ask them to ONLY give us the option to include or not include the channels as some of us may want to include a couple of these channels in the guide.

1) Create a "Favorites" or "My Channels" option in addition to "All Channels" & "Last Channels", which allows us to create a list of only those channels we want for both OTA and Live TV. For those that don't want any IPTV channels, they do not have to include them in their list

2) Allow us to edit the Live TV channels channels along with the OTA channels in the input settings like we already do with the OTA channels.

I agree. The point is to give us some control over what appears. Having no control at all is unacceptable and downright user unfriendly. Being force fed a streaming channel lineup, especially when watching OTA, is not going fly with many, if not most, customers.