Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
abprice76
Level 7

Re: How do I remove the Roku streaming channels from the "Live TV" channel guide?

Jump to solution

I tried removing the "Roku Channel" app. on the t.v. that did nothing to them either. WTH I want my OTA only channels back.

JackieM
Level 7

Re: How do I remove the Roku streaming channels from the "Live TV" channel guide?

Jump to solution

I also want to know. Very annoying feature to just have start all of the sudden.

Sherob
Level 7

Jump to solution

I totally agree, if I wanted all of these live tv channels I would have set them up myself. I just want my Antenna channels back. Changing the input name does not work. Any other suggestions?

isotope493
Level 7

Jump to solution

SOLUTION (in second paragraph) (at least for my Hisense Roku TV)

First, I agree that Roku and their partners suck for such a horrible update the greatly reduces the functionality of the Roku TV you bought. This is already a terrible product by the virtue that many (if not all Roku TV products) do not come with a TV remote that has numbers enabling you to directly navigate to a desired TV station. Instead, you are stuck using their antiquated arrow pad to navigate TV. I hope a class action is filed against Roku for pushing undesired updates (that are not user initiated) that fundamentally change how Roku TV works and the ability of the user to use the product they purchased in the fashion originally advertised. Changes to their software that result in antenna TV loading slower and forcing undesired streaming content into the channel lineup make using Roku TV nearly impossible. It takes an inordinate amount of time to navigate to the TV station you desire because user are forced to now navigate through channels they do not desire and were not part of the TV when purchased. Has such a poor experience existed at the time of purchase, the user could have chosen to return the produce. Such a unwanted intrusion by a forced update changes the product and in my opinion, is a bait-and-switch tactic as the user no longer has the product they intended to purchase. Even with the solution detailed in the next paragraph, the user must make a choice between installing a channel in their home screen where they are able to make a conscientious choice to view that channel to one where they have to either suffer through that channel being integrated into their antenna TV channel lineup or not having that channel installed at all. Roku and its partners are changing the product you purchased after the fact.

Here is a solution that is working for me. In the home screen, I removed all channels except for those I absolutely use. In doing this, I was able to rid my antenna TV channel lineup of all content except for Antenna TV (though it is now label Live TV as pointed out by others). I am not sure exactly what channels contribute to the problem, but here is what I have left in my Home screen: DiscoveryGo, Google Play TV/movies, YouTube, HBO GO, Movies Anywhere, History Channel, SciGo, and Netflix. As I said, I am unsure at which channels contribute so this will be trial and error. I suggest you start removing any channel you don't absolutely use. If you find yourself still encountering unwelcome streaming channels in your TV lineup, start removing channels you like to see which ones are the culprits. Roku and its partners clearly need to allow users to decide if they want to integrate streaming channels with antenna TV - as that is the product they purchased. 

Apparently this doesn't work for all. For reference, I have a Hisense Roku TV (Hisense Model: 55R6+; Roku TV: C205X; Software Ver.: 9.3.0 build 4182-94). If this doesn't work, I would also try resetting to factory defaults along with removing channels. I did reset my Roku TV to factory defaults before removing channels. There may be something else at play besides removing channels.

Sdgfood
Level 8

Jump to solution

What in the $#@# happened to my OTA channel guide. Now I am forced to scroll through streaming channels I never watch and have zero interest in watching?? Come on Roku, put this back or give me the option to see OTA or all channels. This will make me ditch my TCL Roku tv and just use a Roku box for just what I want to watch, not what u want to jam down my throat.

fpugapj
Level 7

Jump to solution

This is a terrible overreach by Roku. Why would you force these garbage channels on people without asking and without providing a recourse? A media company should understand that messing with a person's lineup is not an ideal way to keep customers. I may also seek an alternative TV service if this is not fixed soon.

Winkle74
Level 8

Jump to solution

Removing channels still did not fix my issue on a TCL Roku TV. 

isotope493
Level 7

Jump to solution

Sorry to hear this. Perhaps it varies by the model of TV as well. I also reset my TV to factory defaults before removing virtually all my channels. There may be something else at play beside removing channels. It would be nice it Roku didn't ruin the products we all paid for.

Arcus80
Level 8

Jump to solution

It's absolute trash and they need to revert it quickly.  I recommend filing a consumer complaint with anyone that will listen if they don't address the problem within a reasonable amount of time.

NerdGuy13
Level 9

Jump to solution

Because of this, my channel listing is completely hosed if I am not connected to the internet. The channel listing screen will just keep saying "loading" instead of just showing the live TV channels like it used to and eventually give up  I live in a place without internet so the only time my TV is connected as if I have a hotspot on my phone turned on.  This is Not Practical for many reasons.

I'm about to do a factory reset on it and just never update the software.