Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: How do I remove the Roku streaming channels from the "Live TV" channel guide?

Jump to solution

Same here! Turned on the TV tonight and now have over 400 channels in the guide that I do not watch. Did this happen in an update? 

Highlighted
Level 7

Re: How do I remove the Roku streaming channels from the "Live TV" channel guide?

Jump to solution

Don't like the new live tv channel guide. Too many channels. Please put back to antenna channels only.

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Yea.  I'm pissed.  This has to go.  Can't even hide the channels like you can the Ota ones.  Horrible.  

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

I just now noticed it does say "Live TV" instead of "Antenna TV." That's a move Google would make, a total power play.

Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

Truly SUCKS!  Shame on you Roku - shoving unwanted channels down peoples throats.  Fix it ASAP!

Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Too many channels

Jump to solution

I have the same problem. I watch OTA channels, and since those other channels appeared on the channel guide, the channel listings takes a long time to appear. Let us have the choice of which channels to keep or not keep, along with the regular OTA channels. 

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have the same issue except I am using the "Antenna" channel.  I dont want streaming channels on my "Antenna".  I usually only watch 2 channels at a time on the antenna and switch back and forth but now I cant even so that because the previous channel button just randomly jumps forward through the channel list till it gets to the end and then does nothing.

Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Too many channels

Jump to solution

I have the same problem. I use my TCL Series 3 Roku TV to watch 2 OTA channels. The remote has no direct channel input capability, but since I bought it 35 days ago, my home screen showed an 'Antenna' tile, and once there I was able to pull up a channel guide of just OTA channels and use the 'instant replay' button to toggle between my favorites. Suddenly this evening the 'Antenna' tile changed to 'Live TV', which was formerly contained within the ROKU CHANNEL. Now I have to page through this garbage, the instant replay button no longer works, the ability to set favorites no longer works, and I am ready to throw this 35 day old TV in the garbage. What a lack of respect for the customer! I will never buy another ROKU or TCL product. AARRGGHHH!

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I don't want any of these streaming channels. Some of them are actually offensive to me. This is awful.

Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

Hey, renamed it to antenna tv and it looks like the extra channels are gone.