Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

How do I remove the Roku streaming channels from the "Live TV" channel guide?

Jump to solution

Since Roku updated (9.3) and changed my "Antenna TV" to "Live TV" the OTA channel guide now includes Roku streaming channels on my TCL/Roku TV. This seems to have made the guide sluggish and it's now inconvenient to use. I do not want the Roku streaming channel listings. I've spent time looking through settings but couldn't find a way to eliminate them.

How do I remove the Roku streaming channels from the "Live TV" channel guide?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku Live TV being forced into antenna channels since guide update.

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

We recently removed a feature which integrated streaming and over-the-air (OTA) content from an HD antenna into a combined live TV channel guide for Roku TV users. Roku TV users will now see only OTA channels when selecting the "Live TV" tile on the Roku home screen. Roku TV users who would like to see streaming content within the live TV channel guide can do so through the "live TV channel guide" tile on The Roku Channel.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

330 Replies
Highlighted
Level 8

Roku Live TV being forced into antenna channels since guide update.

Jump to solution

Since the guide update Roku Live TV channels are now randomly dispersed in my digital antenna (local) channels when I am browsing and I can't figure out how to get rid of them or turn off Live TV.   I've been searching for an hour and can't find anything.  Does anybody have any ideas? I have a TCL television with Roku built in. 

The TCL model number is 49S405 but it also says Roku tv 7127x
Highlighted

Too many channels

Jump to solution

My "Live TV" app just added a bunch of new stations to it I don't want and can't figure out how to get rid of. All I want or need is channels 3 and 4 for use with my cable box and old video game console. How do I get rid of the "Streaming TV" in "Live TV"?

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have a 55P605 that now has Roku channels as part of my OTA section also. They're at the end, not mixed in, but I don't want them there. They aren't just in the guide, but to go from the end of my OTA channels to the beginning I have to click through over 100 channels.

I haven't been able to get rid of them either.

It will be sad to give up the smart tv features, but if they aren't removable, and Roku won't roll back my update I'll pull out an old hdtv tuner and use the tv as a monitor only.

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I agree wholeheartedly! Because of the limitations of the remote, it has added a new layer of frustration.

Highlighted
Level 12

Jump to solution

Wow. There are people complaining that Roku added a Streaming TV section to the Live TV Guide? I think it's a great addition and hope they add access to more of the content available on the Roku channel.

Tags (2)
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Same here - I don't want all this cluttering up my guide.

I uninstalled the Roku Channel - didn't fix it

I notice if you scroll to the left you can change the guide to display All channels or recent channels, it seems this needs an option to only show OTA

Barring that a way to remove all the garbage streaming channels that I know I will never watch would be helpful.

Highlighted
Level 9

Re: How do I remove the Roku streaming channels from the "Live TV" channel guide?

Jump to solution

I want to know this also.. It's messing up live tv also.

Highlighted
Level 7

Re: How do I remove the Roku streaming channels from the "Live TV" channel guide?

Jump to solution

I want to know this too.  I hate scrolling through channels I do not want and won't watch so I can get to my antenna channels.

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Ditto to all the above. Waaaay too many channels! This should be an option, not forced on the viewer.

*NOT ONE positive post here regarding this bizarre change!

* Allow us to create Favorites of both OTA and Live TV channels (versus making us have to scroll through all of them).

*Fix the Return to Previous Channel feature on remote.

*Parental controls now are rendered useless. Fix this!

Also, this change has altered the Return to Previous Channel function of the remote: it now toggles back and forth to different channels. Bogus!

PLEASE FIX THIS, Roku!