Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Hotspot not working internet

Please Help! 

Ive been trying to connect my mobile hotspot to my Sanyo Roku TV, but haven't been successful. My ID shows up under the Networks and my password works also. When I hit "connect" on the TV it shows 

-WIRELESS CONNECTION 

Which I get a ✔️

And then 

-INTERNET CONNECTION ❌

On my mobile device it says that the TV is a connected user, even though I'm clearly not connected on the TV itself. I've restarted both mobile device and Sanyo TV but that doesn't seem to work. I've tried it also from a friend's mobile device and have the same issue, so I don't think the issue is from my phone.

I'm so frustrated can u please help me??

[personal information removed]

2 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Hotspot not working internet

@Yoyo1313 

Thanks for the post.

While we don't typically recommend using mobile hotspot connections for streaming, we would be happy to try to assist you further.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku TV from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Hotspot not working internet

Mine did the same thing. Turned on mobile data and showed picture. But wasn't able to connect to channels.