Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atilasantos06
Reel Rookie

Horizontal thin black lines all the time

Hi, guys! 

I have a Philco 50" Roku TV and after almost a year and in the last few days I noticed some horrible thin horizontal black lines, like you can see in these pictures. I'm almost sure this happened after the last automatic software update. I noticed some stuff has been changed, like the interface typefont and I don't know that to do to fix these horrible lines. I tried the reset to factory settings already, but the problem is still there all the time, not only when streaming, but all the time. Searching about this I've found another person with this same problem:

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Horizontal thin black lines all the time

Hi @atilasantos06

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

Please provide us with the following information for further investigation:

1. Roku device model, Serial number, Device ID, Software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  2. Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  3. Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  4. Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
atilasantos06
Reel Rookie

Hi, thanks for the reply!

Here's the information:

- Device model: C507X

- Serial: X00000PW88AP

- Device ID: S03M500W88AP

- Software OS: 11.0.0 - Review 4197-C7

- The problem happens all the time, no matter what

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

@atilasantos06 

Thanks for your cooperation.

It looks like this is a hardware issue. Have you tried contacting the TV manufacturer to inquire further? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS. 

For a list of Roku TV manufacturers' contact information, visit our Community post here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator