Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dcordeiro

Re: Line on Streamed channels

Jump to solution

I'm actually having the same issue but can't seem to find a solution. 

0 Kudos
DCFan35

Re: Horizontal Lines/Bars of Pixels Stuck On Streaming Apps

Jump to solution

9/16/20

I just experienced this on the Shudder and YouTube apps,  the TV is a month old. Hulu and maybe Disney + (I've only checked those) dont have the issue

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I still have it. 

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Also have this issue. Bought the TCL - 55” Class - LED - 4 Series - 2160p - Smart - 4K UHD TV with HDR - Roku TV a week ago. Has Happened every day when streaming. Scares me each time. I know this might be a software issue, but I still might return the TV.

0 Kudos
MikeDee808
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I’m having the same issue on my 43 in. They had me turn it off for 15 seconds with everything unplugged and no external systems hooked up. It worked for about 8 hrs and it’s back. It’s the same line only happening when one program goes off and another comes on and I can exit the platform and come back and it goes away. Did you ever get an answer from Roku and did the software update work? Does it update automatically or do I have to do it manually?

0 Kudos
leegato
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I tried that power cycle method that you did and, similarly, it seemed to do the trick until the issue arose again.  I still haven't gotten any update from the Roku Support team; the last I heard from them is that they are still continuing to investigate the issue, and that they have assured me they will let me know about any updates as soon as they hear from it. From my understanding, software updates happen automatically, but you can always check them manually under the System menu just to be sure.

In the meantime, the issue still occurs, but I notice that it doesn't occur as often and, when it does occur, disappears after simply turning the TV off and back on.  I'll send a follow-up again soon and will update this thread if I hear anything.

0 Kudos
noahfloah
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Same issue, TCL 43s425 and only seems to occur on streaming apps and not hdmi as others have stated. Goes away via restart in the menu. Is this only on TCL branded TVs? I’m wondering if I should return it for a different brand, or hopefully if it’s just a software issue it will get fixed soon. Not a huge problem but kind of annoying having to restart the tv if/ when it decides to start glitching out.
C8D1455B-8754-48FD-84A0-FF3F54E98741.jpeg

MikeDee808
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

My brother has a Vizio roku tv and it does it sometimes too. I think it’s roku. Also heard of it on element TVs. I think it’s software related. I can usually just exit the platform and go back in and it’s gone, but last night I reset the video settings or whatever like people said and it wouldn’t go away at all. I had to do the power drain. Now it’s gone, but it’ll be back in sure. Some people say it just goes away. My brother said his just went away. Mines only happening non Netflix and I’ve seen it once on the adult swim app. Others are having it happen on completely different platforms so I’m thinking it’s rokus software.

0 Kudos
MikeDee808
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Last night I reset the video settings and it popped up and wouldn’t go away and I had to drain the power again. It’s gone now, but only a matter of time.

0 Kudos
noahfloah
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Seems like it’s happening over hdmi as well, not quite a full horizontal bar of pixels like the streaming apps but a weird screen tearing like effect in the same top area of the screen.

edit: never mind I think it’s just cus I was playing a dated ps3 game lol