Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
leegato
Streaming Star

Re: Horizontal Lines/Bars of Pixels Stuck On Streaming Apps

Jump to solution

@DaddyS I'm not sure if you indicated this in your previous comments, but is your older 5 series also using Roku TV?  Perhaps there's a difference in the versions or software itself? 

TCL has concluded that since this occurs in no other inputs, it's not a hardware issue and there would be no eligibility for exchange/return.  No word from Roku Support yet as of today (April 20).

0 Kudos
CadenMorris
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

i am having the same issues with my tv that i just bought from amazon. hoping that Roku can get it taken care of before i have to decide if i need to return it or not...

0 Kudos
biggin219

Jump to solution

Just bought a 4 series TCL Roku tv and it worked fine for a day or two but now I am seeing the exact same thing! A like of pixels that’s like.. stuck. Only on streaming apps like Netflix or amazon prime. Through the PS4 it’s not there. Tried a restart... didn’t fix. I emailed roku customer support they haven’t gotten back to me. Got this as an anniversary gift for my husband so I really hope they fix it soon! 

0 Kudos
leegato
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@biggin219The last I heard from Roku support was around last week; they're still continuing to investigate the issue and will get back to me (and others, most likely) when they have more details.  I'm thoroughly convinced this is a Roku software issue, and not related to any hardware issues with the TV.  In the meantime, if the line really bothers me/disrupts my viewing, I usually just use the apps on the PS4 instead to watch Netflix/Amazon Prime/streaming apps.

0 Kudos
Bamarocks76
Reel Rookie

Single horizontal line only when I use Certain apps

Jump to solution

I have a 55 inch TCL roku 4K TV and I have a single horizontal line that appears of mixed colors but it only appears when I use apps on the built in roku but when I switch to my Xbox one X it works perfectly fine no issues what so ever so is it the tv or the built in roku that has the issue 

0 Kudos
Nemu
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

We are having the same issue with our 43 inch. Horizontal line of stuck pixels only on Roku apps (usually Hulu or Netflix).  HDMI connected apps work perfectly fine. It's very sporadic but has only started happening in the past couple weeks. Hopefully they can roll out a fix soon for this as it's rather annoying having to restart it each time it occurs. 

0 Kudos
HybridFreak
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I'm having the exact same issue. Recently purchased a hisense 55 inch Roku tv and I'm regularly getting the pixel line at the top of the screen while streaming. Doesn't happen during live cable TV or streaming through a game console. Only when using the TV apps. It's becoming very annoying and I'm considering returning the TV since nothing I've tried has worked for more than a day at most at this point. About to try a factory reset. Hopefully that fixes it. 

0 Kudos
leegato
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I've heard there's been an update today to 9.3, has the issue occurred at all under this new update?  I will report if I experience the issue with this software update.

0 Kudos
BenB

Jump to solution

This should help. Step 1 turn off and Unplug your tv. Step 2 press and hold the power button on the television for at least 15sec while unplugged. The power button is hidden under the tcl logo on the 4 series tv’s ( this Will completely drain the power from the tv and completely resets Roku, not the tv) then plug the tv back in and power it on. The problem is 100% a Roku issue and is essentially a glitch in the software. Hopefully there will be and update soon. 
this resolved my issues for the time being but it’s only been a couple days🤞🏻

BReal89

Jump to solution

I purchased a 43' TCL Roku TV and I experienced the same issue, where a horizontal line appear at the top of TV screen. This only happens when I'm streaming from Netflix. 

0 Kudos