Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ellewelch

Re: Horizontal Lines/Bars of Pixels Stuck On Streaming Apps

Jump to solution

Is there any update on this forthcoming update please as been having this issue ongoing for months now anytime watching live TV..?

Appreciate things are difficult at the moment and priorities may not be here, but have considered returning this TV due to this ongoing annoyance. 

greg707
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I agree this is a pretty embarrassing problem and I hope it’s at the top or very close to the top of the priority list. Tons of people would return the tv without checking here first. 

Also odd they would mark a solution in the forum before any fix is actually released and confirmed working with customers. 

0 Kudos
Ir123
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

When will the update happen I’ve been dealing with the same issue

0 Kudos
Ir123
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hey when is the update arriving because I can’t use the tv properly and it is my only source of entertainment at the moment thanks

0 Kudos
Joshjf0930

Jump to solution

I bought the 50" Roku TCL this past Saturday (8/8/20) and have a black horizontal bar at the top when using Netflix. Is the software update coming out soon? If not, will be returning the tv while its still within the return range.

0 Kudos
wentzelitis
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Hey guys I found a permanent fix to this problem. Return your Roku TV and get an Android TV or Fire TV.  You can mark this as resolved now : ) 

snl07
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I had a software update a few days ago, however that did NOT fix the issue. The bar came back again.

0 Kudos
MikelB
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I have a Hisense 70” Roku TV, 2 1/2 months old, purchased from Costco. This issue just started on this tv this afternoon. When, exactly does Roku plan to release the software update that will resolve this?

0 Kudos
Aman845

Jump to solution

Hello,

Has there been any update on the fix for this? I believe this is the same problem I have been experiencing and contacting support for over the past couple months. I have not received an update on my support case in over a week and the problem is reoccurring very frequently at this point even with resetting the television. 

0 Kudos
snl07
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Over four months later.

Still no fix. This is possibly one of the worst companies I've ever purchased from.

BUYER BEWARE. DO NOT BUY A ROKU TV.

NEVER EVER BUY A ROKU PRODUCT!

0 Kudos