Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jennette

Re: Horizontal Lines/Bars of Pixels Stuck On Streaming Apps

Jump to solution

So back in July it was posted by Roku that we should get a fix soon. That was several months ago and I just started getting the same problem and it is all the time. It is driving me crazy.

0 Kudos
Tsouth2
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I installed the 9.4.0 update this morning on my hisense 55". I am running netflix now to see if the line issue comes back. Will update my post later.

Edit 1: So far so good but only been a little over two hours. Will continue to let it stream and see if the issue comes back.

Edit 2: Been streaming blacklist on netflix for 6 hours straight with no issues so far (while working, not actually watching :P). Last week I had to restart my TV 3 times on the same day while trying to watch the same show. Not convinced its fixed for good yet but so far so good

Edit 3: I must be getting lucky but so far the issue has not happened to me on 9.4.0. TV has been streaming for 12+ hours

0 Kudos
ScOULaris
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

So I've never had this issue with streaming apps, but it has always done this with Game Mode on and any sub-1080p content (so 720p and 480p). Before 9.3.0 it would at least go away after toggling Game Mode off and back on again, but since 9.3.0 that no longer fixes the artifacts running across the top of the display.

I updated to 9.4.0 today hoping that the issue would finally be resolved, but nope. Same as ever. Game Mode on + 720p content = constant artifacting line across the top that won't go away unless you turn off Game Mode altogether.

This is a crippling issue for any of us (myself included) who play retro games on the TV. **bleep**, the issue was so annoying that I purchased an mClassic just to upscale certain sources to 1080p to circumvent the issue. I honestly can't believe that Roku has not addressed this problem in over a year.

0 Kudos
ScOULaris
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R I just saw that you replied to this thread a few months ago stating that a fix was in the works. Having just tested out 9.4.0 on my TCL TV, the problem does not yet appear to have been solved.

Any 720p or 480p content with Game Mode enabled still displays these horizontal line artifacts at the top of the screen. Toggling Game Mode off and then back on again no longer temporarily resolves the issue either, as it used to in 9.2 Roku OS builds.

Since your reply is the first acknowledgment I've ever seen that this issue was being looked into, would you mind adding some additional context as to whether or not 9.4.0 was supposed to contain the fix?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your posts.

We appreciate your patience and understanding regarding what you are experiencing. As stated previously, we have identified the issue and expect a fix in a future update. That is all the information that I can provide at this time.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ScOULaris
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Alright, so it sounds like the fix wasn't part of the 9.4.0 update if it's still planned for a future release. That's good to hear since it means that we still might finally see an actual fix for this problem sometime hopefully in the not-so-distant future.

Thanks for the reply.

0 Kudos
rdfiasco
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R 

With respect, Danny, that's not good enough.

JoshB

Jump to solution

Still having this issue. Roku needs to get their act together and roll out an update. The first reply from roku said they were working on it in July. There is no reason it should take 3 months to roll out a patch.

0 Kudos
joshuatalley
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution
0 Kudos
joshuatalley
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Turns out our software was not yet updated to 9.4 so we updated and the line is gone 🤞🏼😅

0 Kudos