Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Yokercito
Channel Surfer

Re: Horizontal Lines/Bars of Pixels Stuck On Streaming Apps

Jump to solution

The problem is in Hisense and TLC TVs so they are saying that both brands have the same manufacturing issue?

also i did get a replacement TV and still the same issue

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Looks like whatever the fix was didn’t work or hasn’t been released.  I have the same issue on a new 43” 4 series.  Restarting the app does. not get rid of it. Steaming the same app from Xbox does not have the line.

0 Kudos
FreeportFam
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I just purchased a 65” Roku 65S421 and about 2 weeks later had this issue with the line at the top. I returned it and bought another one exactly he same model and it only took 4 days for the line to show up. Same line and only when streaming channels. I checked that the system was running the most current software and it is under the 9.3.0 software. How do I fix this??

0 Kudos
gabico147
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@Yokercito wrote:

The problem is in Hisense and TLC TVs so they are saying that both brands have the same manufacturing issue?

also i did get a replacement TV and still the same issue

This is not an hardware issue so replacing the TV with a new one doesn’t solve the problem.

To temporarily fix it, force the restart from the settings. Keep an eye when a new software is available as 9.4 *should* fix the issue (its distribution is currently rolling out).

0 Kudos
gabico147
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@FreeportFam wrote:

I just purchased a 65” Roku 65S421 and about 2 weeks later had this issue with the line at the top. I returned it and bought another one exactly he same model and it only took 4 days for the line to show up. Same line and only when streaming channels. I checked that the system was running the most current software and it is under the 9.3.0 software. How do I fix this??

To temporarily fix it, force the restart from the settings. Keep an eye when a new software is available as 9.4 *should* fix the issue (its distribution is currently rolling out).

0 Kudos
FreeportFam
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

The 9.4 update just popped up and installed. So far so good! Thank you so much! Community help posts restore my faith in humanity. Thank you for taking time out to respond to a problem that’s not yours 😍

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts and information that you have provided.

We appreciate your patience and understanding regarding what you are experiencing. Please be aware that we have identified the issue and expect a fix in a future update.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
leegato
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Did only particular devices get 9.3.2 and 9.4.0?  I’m still only on 9.3.0, and it’s listed as being most up to date.

0 Kudos
gabico147
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@leegato wrote:

Did only particular devices get 9.3.2 and 9.4.0?  I’m still only on 9.3.0, and it’s listed as being most up to date.

Roku releases updates in batches so you just have to wait until your Roku TV is part of the next 9.4.0 batch.

Prisnando
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This is still happening to me after 9.3.0 last update.

Did you solve the issue?

0 Kudos