Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bacavoit
Channel Surfer

Re: Horizontal Lines/Bars of Pixels Stuck On Streaming Apps

Jump to solution

@wentzelitis wrote:

No 9.4 here either. Fake news

Is not fake news. Update 9.4 has been out for the Roku devices since september and it was said Roku TV was going to get it the following months.

Updates are not pushed all at once for everyone but by stages. I have not received the update but that doesn't mean I won't or that is fake.

0 Kudos
wentzelitis
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@Bacavoit wrote:

@wentzelitis wrote:

No 9.4 here either. Fake news

Is not fake news. Update 9.4 has been out for the Roku devices since september and it was said Roku TV was going to get it the following months.

Updates are not pushed all at once for everyone but by stages. I have not received the update but that doesn't mean I won't or that is fake.

please show the notes where it says 9.4 fixes this issue

0 Kudos
Bacavoit
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@wentzelitis wrote:

I never said there was one saying 9.4 fixed this issue. You are taking a different approach to the comments before yours.

You said 9.4 is fake cause you don't have it when someone else said he/she has that update.

The update is real whether or not it fixes the issue.

0 Kudos
wentzelitis
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@Bacavoit wrote:

@wentzelitis wrote:

I never said there was one saying 9.4 fixed this issue. You are taking a different approach to the comments before yours.

You said 9.4 is fake cause you don't have it when someone else said he/she has that update.

your assumptions are wrong. i was stating that it's fake news that 9.4 fixes the issue. 1- i can't find any notes,  2- one person online saying that the issue is fixed for a short period of time for them has been nothing close to proof as the past months have indicated since this problem tends to go away for periods of time and resurface when you do a reset of the tv regardless of update.   i was also stating 9.4 was not available to me separately to corroborate what the other person stated.  just because 9.4 may exist doesn't mean it fixes this issue, and one person stating their issue has been gone for a short period of time isn't proof that it does.  i hope it does, but i think it's a bit jumping the gun to definitively state it's fixed with 9.4 with no proof and this thread has been full of people jumping the gun to a problem that's never been actually solved yet. 

0 Kudos
gabico147
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@wentzelitis wrote:

@Bacavoit wrote:

@wentzelitis wrote:

your assumptions are wrong. i was stating that it's fake news that 9.4 fixes the issue. 1- i can't find any notes,  2- one person online saying that the issue is fixed for a short period of time for them has been nothing close to proof as the past months have indicated since this problem tends to go away for periods of time and resurface when you do a reset of the tv regardless of update.   i was also stating 9.4 was not available to me separately to corroborate what the other person stated.  just because 9.4 may exist doesn't mean it fixes this issue, and one person stating their issue has been gone for a short period of time isn't proof that it does.  i hope it does, but i think it's a bit jumping the gun to definitively state it's fixed with 9.4 with no proof and this thread has been full of people jumping the gun to a problem that's never been actually solved yet. 

9.3.2 was the version released in beta to fix the issue. You can go back in this thread and check it. So assuming 9.4 includes that is more than reasonable.

And the release of the Roku OS 9.4 is just in batches so not everyone will get it at the same time.

But I have to say chill: there is really no need to attack each other. Just search for the update: if your device already has it, good, install it, otherwise simply wait for it to be available for you as well.

0 Kudos
wentzelitis
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@gabico147 wrote:

@wentzelitis wrote:

@Bacavoit wrote:

@wentzelitis wrote:

9.3.2 was the version released in beta to fix the issue. You can go back in this thread and check it. So assuming 9.4 includes that is more than reasonable.

And the release of the Roku OS 9.4 is just in batches so not everyone will get it at the same time.

But I have to say chill: there is really no need to attack each other. Just search for the update: if your device already has it, good, install it, otherwise simply wait for it to be available for you as well.

please show me the notes that say the beta fixes the update . once again a user on here saying it fixed it for them for a short period of time isn't proof.  there are also people in this thread proclaiming at the top of a mountain that resetting the tv fixes the issue, only to backtrack a couple weeks later when it returned for them.  please do not spread fake news .  i hope 9.4 releases for everyone and i hope it fixes the issue.. but there is no proof yet and proclaiming it's fixed when you yourself haven't even tested it isn't productive . 

0 Kudos
falloutnerd
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

bought this tv 2 months ago and it worked fine until a few days ago when I started having the same problem as OP. TV's software is up to date. TV is TCL 43S525 bought it brand new 

Roku TV 

0 Kudos
Mattblack

Jump to solution

This still hasn't been fixed,  where do I get a TV replacement? 

0 Kudos
gabico147
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@Mattblack wrote:

This still hasn't been fixed,  where do I get a TV replacement? 

Which Roku OS version do you have?

0 Kudos
jakecook

Jump to solution

I have the exact same issue. My TV won't update from 9.3.0 and Roku support advise me it is a manufacturing issue rather than a software... From the theme of these messages, I doubt that.

I'm also getting a weird blurring in digital input where there seems to be an overlay of a frame about 1 second behind - it may be an unrelated issue...

0 Kudos