Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ungabunga
Reel Rookie

Re: Horizontal Lines/Bars of Pixels Stuck On Streaming Apps

Jump to solution

When?

0 Kudos
JimmyyJimenezz
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yesterday. I’ll try tonight too

0 Kudos
brooksbandits
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I'm still having the bar-at-top-of-streaming-apps issue. Netflix, Disney+, Amazon Prime, and others.

Here are some partial solutions that usually-but-not-always work:

1) Switch to TV then go back. (Fastest method.)

2) Turn off TV then turn back on.

3) Settings > System > Power > System restart (Because I have Fast TV start enabled. Disabling it didn't prevent the line from happening.)

4) Turn off, unplug for a bit, plug back in. (Slowest method.)

It's getting really annoying. Is it a TCL or Roku problem? Thinking Roku since the internal tuner and HDMI inputs don't have an issue, only Roku-processed content in my experience. If you sell a bunch of units with defective performance, and you say that you'll fix it, but then you fail to do so and as a result a bunch of people are no longer able to return the units you sold that you said you'd fix, you're approaching class action. Use a TV until it replicates the issue then JTAG it.

Roku TV: C110X
RCL model: 55S425
Software version: 9.3.0 (4194-93) (last checked 9/28/2020, last update 8/7/2020)

0 Kudos
LouLouie

Jump to solution

I’m still having this issue with the “stuck pixels bar” and was wondering if/when there would be a fix for it? I have a Series 5 TV and the system is up to date. 

Apqol
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Is this for all of the issues dealing with lines?  Mine is just a really thin black line that shows also when using the antenna.

0 Kudos
gabico147
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@Apqol wrote:

Is this for all of the issues dealing with lines?  Mine is just a really thin black line that shows also when using the antenna.

No, your issue is not related

0 Kudos
Cooshie
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Having a similar problem but at the bottom of the screen, while playing cable tv through a box.  

It will go away sometimes if I change the channel and then go back, or if I turn the tv off and back on, and sometimes, it just goes away eventually.   I tried fiddling with the settings but can't be sure if that helped.  

Anyone know if there has been a fix for this put out? 

0 Kudos
Johnsonmandy271
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I unplugged mine and they never came back. So fingers crossed it is gone for good. It's been over a month now I think lol. 

0 Kudos
DSh1

Still have the same problem.

Jump to solution

TCL Roku 55S425. Where is the fix? Is it program or screen bug? I also have TCL Roku 65. Have never had a problem with it.

KevinGlass
Reel Rookie

Re: Still have the same problem.

Jump to solution

This fixed itself for me after about a week. I think they are sending the fix down really slowly to users.