Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gabico147
Streaming Star

Re: Horizontal Lines/Bars of Pixels Stuck On Streaming Apps

Jump to solution

@Leafsfansmith wrote:

Was talking to roku support on Twitter and they appear to have no clue that the issue existed 

That’s why I suggested all to please open a support ticket and report this issue. It’s pretty easy and fast to do: https://support.roku.com/contactus/contact-details

If a lot of users report the same issue, it will get escalated.

Allanjr
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@gabico147 wrote:

@Leafsfansmith wrote:

Was talking to roku support on Twitter and they appear to have no clue that the issue existed 

That’s why I suggested all to please open a support ticket and report this issue. It’s pretty easy and fast to do: https://support.roku.com/contactus/contact-details

If a lot of users report the same issue, it will get escalated.

Doing now. Apologies. I’ve also contacted them on Twitter too

olls
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I realise this doesn't help anyone else much, presumably I've just got lucky.  After a few weeks of ignoring the glitch and getting increasingly annoyed by it, it seems to have magically gone away and I've not seen it for a few weeks now.  I didn't do anything special like resetting or anything, and it will probably come back now I've written this down!

0 Kudos
Allanjr
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I contacted the support team yesterday on Twitter and they got back to say they are aware of the issue and that a software fix is in the pipeline. I've asked for an estimated timeline for that happening. Also raised it as a support issue through the website too.

Rumplesmokeskin
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I also contacted support yesterday and gave them the link to this thread that extends 26 pages so that they could see it was a widespread Roku issue spanning multiple tv manufacturers such as Hisense, TCL, etc.

smgordon1259
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

This has been a problem for months now, they know about it, always have. 

0 Kudos
Leafsfansmith
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Even if that's true, still better to notify them on multiple platforms to get results.

Pfftfelipe
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

To everyone posting about this issue.

Roku is aware of the problem and they have a software patch. I was contacted a couple weeks ago with a software test update asking if I wanted to participate. 
I agreed and on 9/7/2020 I received the update (9.3.2) since then I can say the issue has resolved and has not occurred again. 
It’s just a matter of time before it’s made public, so just be patient.

0 Kudos
wentzelitis
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@Pfftfelipe wrote:

To everyone posting about this issue.

Roku is aware of the problem and they have a software patch. I was contacted a couple weeks ago with a software test update asking if I wanted to participate. 
I agreed and on 9/7/2020 I received the update (9.3.2) since then I can say the issue has resolved and has not occurred again. 
It’s just a matter of time before it’s made public, so just be patient.

To be fair one week isn't really a fair amount to accurately say it's fixed imo.. even with the non fixes in this thread it can go away for a week at a time. But I hope so for everyone's sake it is.

0 Kudos
blakegt7
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I was reached out to from support on a test they are doing to see if it will fix the issue. Hopefully y'all received the same and this works!

0 Kudos