Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wentzelitis
Streaming Star

Re: Horizontal Lines/Bars of Pixels Stuck On Streaming Apps

Jump to solution

@MikelB wrote:

If you performed a hard reset, following the previously posted instructions, and it did not improve your situation, maybe verify you did it correctly and/or try again. I did this just the one time over three weeks ago, and the problem has been resolved since. As previously stated, this is a software defect, and not a problem with the actual hardware, so it doesn’t make much sense that some of us would find resolution with this method, and others would not, unless you just didn’t do it correctly.

this is a temporary solution . it will get rid of the line for about a week for most people then return again, requiring another hard reset.  you've either been lucky that you've made it this long and can expect it to happen again.. or you had a separate issue that was actually resolved by this. 

blakegt7
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi,

I just purchased a new Roku TV and am having this issue as well. Has this been resolved in an update yet? I have the most recent one on my device.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
HybridFreak
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Not yet since mine is still having the issue. No ETA on when it'll actually be fixed either. Just have to keep restarting it for now unfortunately. 😕

gabico147
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Out of curiosity, does it start happening to you when using the YouTube app?

To me YouTube causes it and once it starts, it sticks to any other app until I restart the device via Settings > System > Restart (turning it off and back on alone doesn’t help).

0 Kudos
blakegt7
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

For me, it most notably happens on YouTube and Netflix. I'll be watching for around 5 minutes and then it will appear. I can exit and come back and it will no longer be there, but only for about another 5 minutes, then it appears again.

I don't have it remain in other apps. Once I exit the video I'm watching, it will be gone.

0 Kudos
Allanjr
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

For me the reset mentioned earlier clears the problem for a short time, then I end up having to do it again a few days later. It does seem strange that they’ve not more urgently addressed the issue given how many people this seems to be happening to.

0 Kudos
gabico147
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@Allanjr wrote:

For me the reset mentioned earlier clears the problem for a short time, then I end up having to do it again a few days later. It does seem strange that they’ve not more urgently addressed the issue given how many people this seems to be happening to.

Did you try the restart option in the settings menu rather than a complete reset?

0 Kudos
Allanjr
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@gabico147 wrote:

@Allanjr wrote:

Did you try the restart option in the settings menu rather than a complete reset?

It was just the “home button x 5” method I’ve been using. The system restart in the menus didn’t work for me.

0 Kudos
Leafsfansmith
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Was talking to roku support on Twitter and they appear to have no clue that the issue existed 

0 Kudos
Allanjr
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@Leafsfansmith wrote:

Was talking to roku support on Twitter and they appear to have no clue that the issue existed 

😤

0 Kudos