Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Horizontal Lines/Bars of Pixels Stuck On Streaming Apps

Jump to solution

I have a series 5 55 inch tcl and still have the same issue happening randomly. Please fix this. 

0 Kudos
Elliot1

Re: Horizontal Lines/Bars of Pixels Stuck On Streaming Apps and free view live tv channels

Jump to solution

Still getting this horizontal line accross the screen. It happens on some apps and all live tv/free view.

Everything has been reset. 

Still happening what can you do Roku? 

0 Kudos
Elliot1

Re: Horizontal Lines/Bars of Pixels Stuck On Streaming Apps and free view live tv channels

Jump to solution

IMG_20200910_194957.jpg

0 Kudos
smgordon1259
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

with the tv on and at HOME 

press the

HOME BUTTON 5 times, then press UP 1 time, REWIND 2 times, FAST FORWARD 2 times

This will hard reset the Roku  it will freeze for a minute then reboot. the line will be gone.

The last Roku update caused the issue.

0 Kudos
ToddMThomas
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Are there any updates on this or should I just return my TV?

0 Kudos
ToddMThomas
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Someone else did this factory reset twice and the issue returned (my guess is that it automatically updated again). What we really need is for Roku to send an update that will fix the issue.

0 Kudos
Leafsfansmith
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Did the remote reset. It didn’t help and auto updated

0 Kudos
gabico147
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

DON’T BRING YOUR TV BACK, it is not an hardware issue as so many different TVs suffer the same issue.

And please report the issue to the Roku Support (not the forums) so they can escalate it.

0 Kudos
wentzelitis
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I disagree, you should definitely bring your hardware back. This issue has existed far too long and there's no sign of a fix coming soon. Don't exchange the tv for another roku though, get and Android or fire tv instead. Problem solved. No more headaches. 

0 Kudos
MikelB
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

If you performed a hard reset, following the previously posted instructions, and it did not improve your situation, maybe verify you did it correctly and/or try again. I did this just the one time over three weeks ago, and the problem has been resolved since. As previously stated, this is a software defect, and not a problem with the actual hardware, so it doesn’t make much sense that some of us would find resolution with this method, and others would not, unless you just didn’t do it correctly.