Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vader327
Binge Watcher

Re: Horizontal Lines/Bars of Pixels Stuck On Streaming Apps

Jump to solution

UPDATE:  FWIW b/c one poster here objected to my inputs, saying they were about a different problem.

TCL replaced a circuit board under warrantee....at no cost to me.  Unfortunately, this did not change anything and the problem persists.

They just notified me they will be replacing the TV...again, at no cost to me.

I've mentioned this thread when I emailed them so they are aware ofd it and every;one's problems.

As you can imagine, I am very pleased with this service......and maybe it offers some hope or advice to others here.  

And if my problem is unrelated as that one poster contended, then sorry I wan't able to be more helpful.

anthonykissoon
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I recently bought a ROKU 4K TV as well, and I've been getting the same issue, particularly with Netflix. It's very annoying, considering I spent a lot on the television. Please please send out an update as soon as possible to rectify the issue.

Roku Customer, 

Anthony. 

0 Kudos
Malk
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I was told over a week ago that I would get a beta patch to see if it fixes the line. i got the said patch on the 5th and since Ive had it I have not got the line in my streams anymore. Hopefully this will release for everyone soon. Its still in beta so the line could come back but as of now no line.

0 Kudos
smgordon1259
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

not really 

but we can tell the others it is roku software not TCL

0 Kudos
Allanjr
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Recently got a 43” Hisense Roku Tv here in the UK and this problem has started intermittently popping up over the last few weeks. Restarting seems to help sometimes, but not always. Really hoping that software fix works and is delivered soon.

0 Kudos
MikelB
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Try this - I did this weeks ago on my Hisense and the issue has been resolved ever since:

On your remote 

Home x5

Up x1

REW x2

FFW x2

Wait a few minutes for the whole reboot to complete.

HybridFreak
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Any update on this?  Like when we can expect a fix? I've literally been having this issue since day 2, and my roku TV that isn't even 6 months old. And the issue is becoming more and more prevalent. I'm having to reboot the TV 4-5 times a day now just to keep the bar from popping up. This is becoming beyond annoying and I'm seriously regretting my purchase. And the customer support is a joke.

They either claim operator error or is they even acknowledge the issue, tell you to reboot the TV when it happens. Which at this point, fixes the issue for maybe an hour or 2.

0 Kudos
wentzelitis
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@HybridFreak wrote:

Any update on this?  Like when we can expect a fix? I've literally been having this issue since day 2, and my roku TV that isn't even 6 months old. And the issue is becoming more and more prevalent. I'm having to reboot the TV 4-5 times a day now just to keep the bar from popping up. This is becoming beyond annoying and I'm seriously regretting my purchase. And the customer support is a joke.

They either claim operator error or is they even acknowledge the issue, tell you to reboot the TV when it happens. Which at this point, fixes the issue for maybe an hour or 2.

yeh i just switched to android tv, much happier. no bar issue plus it supports twitch app . 

0 Kudos
smgordon1259
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

This also worked on my 55" TCL/Roku. Lets see how long it lasts

This hard boots roku, it is not a tv  issue, it is a Roku software issue, this is why this reset works.

MikelB (Level 7) posted a new reply on 09-07-2020 02:34 PM:

Try this - I did this weeks ago on my Hisense and the issue has been resolved ever since:

On your remote 

Home x5

Up x1

REW x2

FFW x2

Wait a few minutes for the whole reboot to complete.

0 Kudos
Pyramidworker
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yeah I'd like a proper update on when a fix is due, otherwise I need to return this TV whilst I can.

0 Kudos