Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pyramidworker
Reel Rookie

Re: Horizontal Lines/Bars of Pixels Stuck On Streaming Apps

Jump to solution

We complained about this issue with our 43" Hisense Roku TV and were told to return it for a replacement. We did this today, it took ages and was a load of effort, and now the new TV has the same issue. Why were we advised to exchange the TV by Hisense if there is a software patch on the way? When will the issue be fixed?

0 Kudos
MikelB
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Try a reboot and see if it fixes the issue. It seems to have resolved for me, but who knows for how long?

on your remote, do this:

Home x5

Up x1

REW x2

FFW x2

wait a few minutes for the tv to reboot.

0 Kudos
SuperSabra

Re: Horizontal Lines/Bars of Phone ixels Stuck On Streaming Apps

Jump to solution

I am seeing this line since my system updated to V9.3. Just a tried the tv reboot via remote trick and issue is now resolved, for now at least. 

Pyramidworker
Reel Rookie

Re: Horizontal Lines/Bars of Phone ixels Stuck On Streaming Apps

Jump to solution

This works but for me the lines will come back. Happened for months with my original TV Joe happening with the replacement. Unless Roku issue a fix soon I'll have to take it back and go for a different platform.

0 Kudos
Lacrosse006
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have the 9.3 update, but the horizontal line still occurs. Is this the Roku software or tcl?

0 Kudos
wentzelitis
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

This is Roku. Other people with the same issue have Hisense or other tvs. Roku has acknowledged the problem in this thread and say they are working on a fix.. but they have been silent since. The issue is not fixed yet. 9.3 still has the issue. 

0 Kudos
Lacrosse006
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

So I have some new info on this problem. For me I have my PS4 plugged into hdmi, and whenever I switch it from the hdmi back to streaming the horizontal line starts. It does not stop until I force shut down or factory reset the thing. It’s been three weeks and you had the 9.3 update. Why isn’t this fixed??? I have 2 more weeks left to return it if it’s not done in a week I’m going right back to the store

0 Kudos
Pfftfelipe
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Have you guys rolled out a firmware update to fix this yet? And if not when is it expected?

Malk
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

My tv was doing fine now all at once I have a horizontal bar at top when streaming. Not even had this tv for a week. Is this update to fix it out yet? Or when is it’s eta? This is on a  tcl 50s425 50 inch 4k smart led roku tv. 

FredFredrickson
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Hisense 58" Roku TV from Walmart. Exact same symptoms.

Please help!

0 Kudos