Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
olls
Reel Rookie

Re: Horizontal Lines/Bars of Pixels Stuck On Streaming Apps

Jump to solution

Thought I would add as I can't see anyone else mention it:  I'm seeing this glitch when watching FreeView, as well as the YouTube channel.  It seems to reset when I change the picture mode, or the channel switches formats (?), but then it reapears within 30-60 seconds.  Somedays it isn't there at all, and otherdays it is there all day.

#r50b7120uk

robing1977
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi, I have a similar issue with a R43B7120UK tv I bought this week. However it only seems to happen on my hdmi feed. I also get a thicker bar in the middle. Is this definitely a software issue that is going to be fixed ASAP?

robing1977
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

83CAABF7-4EB9-4B37-AED3-C1D55C8BCE56.jpeg

0 Kudos
Johnsonmandy271
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

What do we do in the meantime.  We just bought a 50 inch TCL roku tv and I have a bar across the top. 

MightyHandy
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Have you tried the unplugging trick?  It seems to buy me a couple of weeks each time.

orneryonecja
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

yes, I've tried it and it never lasts - I turn the TV off and the next time I turn it on I have to repeat the process all over again, each time I have to unplug it is a different response -- the lines started after repeated attempts - the last attempt on the bedroom TV never worked and the TV had to be returned to the mfg. as it never stopped the jumping and flashing and the lines were permanent -- the Roku stick did not work again on that TV 

Rumplesmokeskin
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Just wanted to let you know that my series 5 43" TV has the same issues with the horizontal bar across the top of the screen when streaming YouTube, Hulu or Netflix.  I factory reset my TV and it works for like a week then the problem returns every time.

Jump to solution

I’ve just bought a R50B7120UK and have seen this issue on there across all Streams. Reset of screen settings seemed too clear it, I’m on the latest software.

robing1977
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Unbelievably this was Hisense’s customer support response (the pictures I sent them were from a sky box over hmdi....)

“Thank you for sending in the photos. This is a signal issue as its happening on the live channels. Your satellite may need adjusting. I have provided Freeview's phone number down below”

0 Kudos
twokssei

Jump to solution

To Clarify: (worked for me) - will see how long it works
Settings > System > Advanced system settings > Factory Reset > Reset TV/Audio settings

then pressing Play/Pause button 3 times as directed on screen

0 Kudos