Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Horizontal Lines/Bars of Pixels Stuck On Streaming Apps

Jump to solution

We recently bought our TCL 652425 and have now noticed the same barline on streaming - Netflix and Amazon Prime.  It will randomly go away.  We tried resetting TV settings and it didn't affect it.  Updated to 9.3 and it is still an issue.

0 Kudos
Lacegoff

Jump to solution

I bought my tv a couple months back. I just checked and its updated to 9.3 and it's still doing what you said it was across all my streaming services. Not every time/or every show. It's so annoying 😭

0 Kudos
snl07
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

The only thing that works for me is to unplug the tv when it happens. It fixes it for a random amount of time.

RokuAustin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

Thanks for reporting this issue! We're investigating within our teams. Please post here to this thread if you're continuing to experience this issue with the channels you're seeing this on, along with your TV Make/Model.

Thanks!

Austin

Happy Streaming!

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.
Vader327
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@RokuAustin wrote:

Thanks for reporting this issue! We're investigating within our teams. Please post here to this thread if you're continuing to experience this issue with the channels you're seeing this on, along with your TV Make/Model.

Thanks!

Austin

Austin,

I have provided all you ask both in this thread and in a service ticket.  

FYI - 

TCL Case # US07202016921: Intermittent horizontal pixel bar when Zoom picture size chosen
Yahoo Mail/1 Roku    I have been writing to Eunice A.

From my post on pg 10 of this thread.
TV is a TCL model 65R617
Roku TV7121X
Software version 9.3.0 * build 4182-30  Last checked: Jun 26 8:11 am

Finally, the bar shows intermittently on all channels.  It may go way by itself with time or i can make it go away for a while by all the suggested methods in this thread - power reset, factory reset, power drain down, shifting to any other picture size except Zoom (which is the only place my bar shows).  Please read the posts in this thread.  Many have provided a lot of info.  My TV setup is very basic and i hope that may help you identify the problem.  Details are with Eunice and my posts here.

Thanks,
Vader327
0 Kudos
Chalzone

Jump to solution

Just bought a TCL 43S525 last week and this issue cropped up on the 2nd day we had it. So far we have only seen it on Disney+, but not all the time. It seems like it only has happened with movies, not TV series, though that's probably just coincidental. 

0 Kudos
sethgordon
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Having same issue with my TCL 55" Roku TV. The issue stopped about a month ago, so I assumed that it was fixed with an update, but the problem came back today. What's the deal? When will this be solved?

SlothAreGood
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue with my 50 TCL Roku tv. Is there any solution to this problem?

It keeps occurring on Youtube, Netflix, Disney+, HBO, almost any streaming app it will occur on. But when i turn on my xbox there is no issue and the line never appears. Has only gotten worse over time. Mind you I have had this Tv for about 2 months without an issue.

0 Kudos
joewright4488
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

0 Kudos
joewright4488
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

20200723_000523.jpg

0 Kudos