Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Horizontal Lines/Bars of Pixels Stuck On Streaming Apps

Jump to solution

This problem just started happening to my tv as well and it says the software is up to date. I wonder why it only started to show up months after owning the tv? Are they working on fixing the problem?

noahfloah
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Probably just depends on how often you use the built in streaming apps. Unless you have been using them frequently the whole time during those month(s) idk, but for me it happened almost right away within a few days of getting the tv. I think someone said earlier in the thread they are aware of the issue. No idea whether it’s getting fixed or not. I like the Roku interface but I kinda almost wish I had gone with another brand (if this doesn’t get fixed anyway). I guess you really can’t complain for $250 (TCL 43s425), I mostly use the tv for gaming anyway so it’s not a huge issue (doesn’t occur over hdmi), occasional streaming and if it does occur, a quick restart from the system > power settings seems to fix it temporarily. 

0 Kudos
leegato
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Hi all,  Just putting in a much needed update.  Strangely enough, Roku Support was "unable to replicate the issue" and asked me to continue trouble shooting and to check my system version.  At this point, I had done another power cycle on the TV and that seemed to do the trick for a while.  I told them that the issue hasn't occurred in a while, but, sure enough, it soon happened again. 

I've contacted Roku Support that, even under 9.3.0, I am still encountering the issue.  We'll see if they get back to me.  I'm just surprised that they couldn't even find the issue.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

We just bought a 65in tcl roku tv and since day one the line has been at the top. We called and they also said to factory reset. When my husband uses his xbox there is no issue but we use sling and Netflix and disney plus mostly and it happens on each of those streaming services. So very frustrating and embarrassing we spent all this money for the tv screen to constantly be janky 

MikeDee808
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Did you try the power drain? Turn off. Unplug everything including external systems from tv. Leave off 15 sec and then plug into empty outlet.

0 Kudos
MikeDee808
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

You should reference this thread the next time they respond if they can’t “replicate” it. This should be plenty of proof that numerous people are having this issue and they need to fix it.

leegato
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I actually sent them this thread multiple times throughout this correspondence with them, saying that it was proof that other customers are experiencing the issue, though I’m not sure if they’ve ever acknowledged it.

Psyfurius

Jump to solution

This issue happens to me on a 55” TCL 55S423 with Roku 9.3.0 build 4182-93.

F2A27A79-5FCC-4906-97BE-AC1A9ECB6F29.jpeg

MGFAMILY

Jump to solution

I mean not even the update 9.3.0 works to solve the only issue I had, that line/bar that is showed in every stream app from Roku, I've no problems when I put them on my PS4 but it doesn't support 4k so I truly wanted ROKU apps to work well.

0 Kudos
MGFAMILY

Jump to solution

I've the same issue, for a 4K tv I truly wanted to watch 4K content but now I need to watch it on PS4 at 1080p that's not bad but I bought the TV to have a great experience, so bad they haven't solved it on this last update, I thought they were dead pixels but it's just the hole Roku stream apps