Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ray007

Homekit volume control of Roku TV broken when soundbar connected

I have several Roku TVs and they work fine in homekit since the 9.4 update added this feature. However, I recently connected a soundbar to one of my TVs (Sonos Beam) via HDMI-ARC and noticed that now I can no longer control volume over HomeKit anymore. When I use volume controls on the Apple control centre remote, the current volume level is displayed on the TV but will not change. If I disconnect the soundbar, I can control the TV volume.

It seems this is a bug and the volume change command is not being sent over HDMI-ARC.

3 REPLIES 3
GoatRenterGuy
Reel Rookie

Re: Homekit volume control of Roku TV broken when soundbar connected

I have the same issue. Any updates on this?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@GoatRenterGuy

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue?
With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
GoatRenterGuy
Reel Rookie

Thanks for the response. I have tried using both wired and wireless connections and unplugging the soundbar. I have a TCL 55p605 with the latest software and the feature that allows you to control the TV's volume functions correctly without the soundbar connected using ARC. But when the soundbar is connected the volume adjustment indicator appears but the volume is not changed. Browsing around seems like many have encountered this issue and it would be great if it could be resolved. Having the HomeKit integration is fantastic, but controlling the volume is central to its experience. The current solution is to just buyan Apple TV and use that instead of Roku.

0 Kudos