Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hollywood91
Reel Rookie

Hisense TV input auto detect

Jump to solution

I have a Hisense U6GR that is just under 2 months old. At first it would auto detect when I would turn on my Series X/PS5/Switch and the tv would automatically switch to that input. It suddenly stopped doing this and Hisense says this is a Roku operating system problem.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Re: Hisense TV input auto detect

Jump to solution

Enable 1 touch play found under settings/ system/ control other devices (cec)B264226F-26EA-4D45-9835-53F6A6B3C766.jpeg

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Hollywood91  Your TV is under warranty. Especially since it’s only 2 months old. Hisense is directly responsible for your TV since they made it. So your issue is when you turn on your Xbox or PS5 the TV doesn’t automatically go to the gaming system you have on that HDMI port? 

0 Kudos
Hollywood91
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hisense are the ones that stated that since it's an operating thing I would need to reach out to Roku. So yes it used to be I could be on the home menu or even in say Netflix and I could turn on the game console and the tv would auto detect that it was on and give a 5 second count down that it would switch to that input. It no longer does. I'm not sure if I turned off a feature or not.

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Enable 1 touch play found under settings/ system/ control other devices (cec)B264226F-26EA-4D45-9835-53F6A6B3C766.jpeg

0 Kudos
Hollywood91
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

You rockstar! Thank you very much. Feel not so smart right now having not found this.

Ello2022
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Hollywood91  Your welcome. Just mark this as a solution. Hisense should have been able to help you honestly. 

Hollywood91
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Oh I completely agree. I've already emailed them back saying how disappointed I am they didn't even try to help.