Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MsMeli
Reel Rookie

Hisense Roku TV

Jump to solution

Hello, please help.  I bought a Roku TV for my parents for Christmas and I did not know that the remote did not have direct channel capabilities.  I read in this community about using the app but my parents aren’t smart phone savvy.  I also read that some people bought a converter box.  I bought the Mediasonic Homework converter box and factory reset my tv without internet. The box has the cable connected to it and the hdmi goes to the TV. Other TVs in the house have cable boxes connected to them but not this tv.  The tv shows the basic channels after the auto search but the remote is not allowing me to directly change the channels. It says invalid channel. Also the guide is not showing any program information. Please help before I have to sell this tv.  

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Strega
Roku Guru

Re: Hisense Roku TV

Jump to solution

If conventional TV is a big deal for you, then a conventional TV with, a Roku attached to it, seems like the way to go, to me.

As for the "converter box" and the remote in the last part of your message, you'll have to follow whatever instructions it comes with (including possibly entering a subchannel number?) Also, I thought most such devices were ATSC and cable TV systems were mostly QAM so I'm not sure if those go together.  (That might be a question for your cable TV forum.)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Strega
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

If conventional TV is a big deal for you, then a conventional TV with, a Roku attached to it, seems like the way to go, to me.

As for the "converter box" and the remote in the last part of your message, you'll have to follow whatever instructions it comes with (including possibly entering a subchannel number?) Also, I thought most such devices were ATSC and cable TV systems were mostly QAM so I'm not sure if those go together.  (That might be a question for your cable TV forum.)

0 Kudos
MsMeli
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Ok, thank you

0 Kudos