Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beeper

Hisense Roku TV won’t play streaming services

Amazon, Disney+, and Netflix do not work.  The apps open but no video will play.   YouTube works fine on the TV and my Xbox plays all the services fine.  Any ideas?   Is it possible that Roku let some agreement expire?  

0 Kudos
13 REPLIES 13
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Hisense Roku TV won’t play streaming services

No, they are still working fine for me. Try to restart your tv:

settings> system> restart> follow prompts

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
wnims6611
Reel Rookie

Same issue with onn Roku TV. I did a factory reset and now I can’t even download the channels. All streaming services work on our other devices.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Beeper @wnims6611 

Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more. Does this clear up the issue you are seeing?

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
wnims6611
Reel Rookie

I can’t remove the channels, the channels aren’t there. I’m trying to add the channels. 

it happens every time I try to add any channel. It just says unable to add channel.

[personal information removed]

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@wnims6611 

Thanks for providing us with your information.

I have passed along your information to the appropriate team to investigate the issue further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
wnims6611
Reel Rookie

I haven’t heard from anyone yet. Any clues what can be done before I throw out this paper weight?

I'm having this same issues. 

None of my apps will actually play the content.  Netflix, Amazon, Peacock and Disney Plus all do the same thing.  I can open the app I can login to my account, but when I try to play something it gives me similar error messages. 

"Playback Error content license error" 

I've factory reset my roku tv 3 times;  I have uninstalled and re installed the apps multiple times, I have restarted the roku tv several times; I've ran all the updates.  

I actually bought an amazon firestick so I could play all my apps, but it really defeats the purpose of having a roku tv. 

Help

ChavousFam6
Reel Rookie

I am having this same issue. My Highsense Roku Tv won’t launch Hulu, Disney Plus, The Roku Channel, etc. I’ve checked for updates, deleted and reinstalled the apps, unplugged the tv, turned it off and back on, nothing is working PLEASE HELP

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@ChavousFam6

Thanks for the post.

When removing a channel fro your Roku TV, please make sure you are restarting your TV before adding the channel back again.

If you are still experiencing an issue, can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos