Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shawa12
Level 7

Hisense Roku TV will not load WiFi, apps. Roku problem not Hisense says Hisense.

on phone with Hisense support over 45 minutes for the 3rd time in over 2 weeks,  only to be told that it wasn’t the TVs problem, it was Roku because Roku preloaded the apps and update couldn’t be loaded. I had hoped to get more help the 3rd time.  I have tried finding the solution on Roku site and other web sites.Wifi won’t load, apps won’t load, update can’t be done because apps won’t load.  Does anyone know how to fix this?Can’t contact Roku support on phone because of the pandemic.  I have been trying to fix this for over 2 weeks.  I’m a 75 year old widow who has arthritis and has to fix things herself.The Hisense Roku smart tv that I bought about 7-8 months ago was produced by a company that doesn’t honor its warranty.  There is nothing in manual that says Hisense is responsible for tv and Roku for apps.  I asked that they replace tv or refund me for it, because I certainly won’t buy another Hisense product.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Hisense Roku TV will not load WiFi, apps. Roku problem not Hisense says Hisense.

@Shawa12 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please clarify the issue that you are experiencing regarding your TV updating and the channels? Have you activated the Roku TV already? Are you trying to update your TV or are you trying to watch content on the channels but can't because it is requesting an update?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Shawa12
Level 7

Re: Hisense Roku TV will not load WiFi, apps. Roku problem not Hisense says Hisense.

I used the Hisense Roku Smart tv for 5 months, no problem, loved it and then I began to have trouble connecting WiFi so I thought it was the WiFi but I had excellent signal for other devices in same room.  Got it connected and update disconnected WiFi for good.  None of the built in apps or the Home Screen showed on tv, so.....

after contacting Hisense support and they couldn’t help except to say it wasn’t the TVs problem, it was a Roku problem but roku support wasn’t available due to pandemic.  It is a smart tv with Roku features built in.  I am a 75 year old widow with arthritis but I am pretty smart and can usually troubleshoot or work with various support and I don’t give up easily, especially on a product under warranty.

After numerous hours, on phone, on searches, I finally called Amazon and asked them to intervene with Hisense on my behalf.  They did.  Amazon is a great company to buy from.  The smart tv is being replaced with the same one and I will receive it by Saturday.  Amazon did honor the warranty although the manufacturer wouldn’t.

Im just a little worried that since the tv is being swapped for the same brand and type of tv, that it may have same problem, but now I know where all reset buttons are and that I can go to the roku community for help, so I feel better about it.

Thanks Roku community an Amazon.

0 Kudos