Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Balorio
Level 7

Hisense Roku TV update issues

Ever since my Hisense Roku TV updated itself yesterday, it has been in a reboot loop.

I managed to get through to the factory reset before it froze and rebooted on me, but that was sheer luck....and did not solve things.

I managed to not have it reboot for an hour or two, but in the middle of a show, it rebooted anyway. It also rebooted while using an HDMI output.

Any chance of a rollback or another fix? My TV is literally unusable as things are.
0 Kudos
9 Replies
Balorio
Level 7

Re: Hisense Roku TV update issues

Actually — my TLC Roku TV is doing it as well.

I can only assume they were updated at the same time. I don’t even get the main menu with either TV at this point.
0 Kudos
RokuTannerD
Level 19

Thanks for reaching out. Have you contacted your Roku TV manufacturers yet to report this issue and request any support they may be able to offer? You can locate their contact information here: https://community.roku.com/t5/Manufacturer-Support-Warranty-Resources/Contacting-Support-for-Your-Ro...

- What version of software are your TVs running? (Settings>System>About) 

- What device is connected to these TVs' HDMI ports that you are playing content from when you see this rebooting issue occurring? 

Please feel free to send me a private message with both of your TV's serial numbers from Settings>System>About and I'll help pass the feedback along, and see if there is anything else we can do to help. 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
Nama
Level 7

45 tv how can I get it updated

0 Kudos
Nama
Level 7

How can you make it update Master TV

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Nama 

Thanks for the inquiry.

We recommend rebooting both your wireless router and your Roku TV.

I'd also recommend trying to connect your device to an alternate network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you can update your Roku TV. Then once your TV has been updated and setup, try switching back to your home wireless network.

Keep us posted with what you find out. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Joyrose7
Level 7

I am in desperate need of help. I have a 40 inch high sense Roku TV and it is not working properly for me. I got this TV back in December 2019 so it’s not even a year old yet. I have not had any issues until the last couple weeks. I will turn my TV on it will show the high sense/Roku screen then we’ll go black and it keeps going back-and-forth to the two screens and then it goes to the activate your TV screen. I have tried to activate my TV numerous times but once it’s almost done loading it will kick me off and go right back to the activate your TV screen. I have a factory reset my TV I have reset my TV but nothing is happening I have contacted hi sense they told me to call Roku I sent Roku and email and they said I should contact hi sense they are putting me in circles I don’t know what else to do.HELP!!!!!!

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Joyrose7 

Thanks for the post.

If you are trying to update your Roku TV during the activation and setup process, and getting caught in a loop, we would recommend rebooting both your wireless router and your Roku TV.

I'd also recommend trying to connect your Roku TV to an alternate network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you can finish updating and setting up your Roku TV. Then once your Roku TV has been setup, try switching back to your home wireless network.

Keep us posted with what you find out. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Tinawilley
Level 7

My TV turns on and the hisense roku logo come on dim won't power up anymore then that any ideas 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Tinawilley 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Have you tried contacting Hisense support yet to inquire further? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support for their products running the Roku OS. 

You can reach them here: https://www.hisense-usa.com/support/ or at 1-888-935-8880.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos