Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
logurtt
Reel Rookie

Re: Hisense Roku TV having issues with network connection

Jump to solution

@RokuTakashi , 

I’ve dealt with this tv having this problem for months, rebooting/restarting it doesn’t work. I’ve done just about anything and everything i could think of and did a lot of research on the issue i’m having. Nothing i’ve tried has helped or anything i’ve been told, i just want my tv to work. 

RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thanks for keeping us posted, @logurtt 

May we know if you've tried connecting to an alternative network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you're able to connect and maintain a connection as well as launch apps? If not, we recommend trying this step to see how it works.

Keep us posted on how it goes.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
willis22

Re: My Onn TV won't stay connected to wifi even though I have a excellent internet connection

Jump to solution

YNOOWSO53123

0 Kudos
willis22

Re: My Onn TV won't stay connected to wifi even though I have a excellent internet connection

Jump to solution

Did you find a solution? This is making me crazy. 

0 Kudos
TM_I
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I did actually.  I tried several things, but I think the issue for me was not having a strong enough connection.  I do think it's the TV, other tvs and devices don't have the same problem when it comes distance from the router. 

I switched my ISP, and I bought a wifi extender (WAP).  I haven't had any connectivity issues since. 

0 Kudos
Normdeb72
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

No, not yet. 😞

0 Kudos
Normdeb72
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I think it's the tv. Every other tv is fine. Internet speed is good. 

0 Kudos
Sawyer57
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Mine still not connecting to internet!! Please fix

0 Kudos
countrylizzard
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Mine does the same thing. My old roku tv didnt ever disconnect from wifi but somehow this new tv does. Its odd. Now I get the one in the living room disconnects from the wifi all the time so we're used it. But that tv is from 2020 and isnt hooked to cable its hooked to atena. BUT my new tv in the family room takes forever to recognize its hooked to the xfinity box and sometimes I have to reconnect it to wifi because just like you mentioned the roku tv somehow disconnects from wifi im not sure how. Its weird. I dont think it has anything to do with my wifi through comcast or anything

RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Normdeb72@Sawyer57,

Thanks for posting to the Roku Community!

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. We are interested in learning more about the problem you are experiencing. Are you encountering any error messages or error codes? In addition, can you please specify the exact steps you are taking to reproduce this issue so we can investigate further?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you best.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.