Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to fix flashing 'Hisense Roku TV' logo

Jump to solution

I have a Hisense • Roku Tv we only got it 2 months ago and we finally decided to connect it to the WiFi, itconnected successfully but it said I had to update it so I did and while it was updating out of nowhere the screen started flashing the “Hisense•Roku tv” logo after 20 seconds the screen goes black and then back to the logo once again and the red led light at bottom keeps on flashing too, and the only way I can turn off the tv is by unplugging it, What do I Do? Whats wrong with it?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Hisense Roku TV flashing

Jump to solution

Hi everyone! I had this same problem with my Hisense Roku tv that I’ve had for two years. I ended up replacing the main power board for about $85 off of eBay. It fixed it right away and isn’t complicated to replace! Just look up your tv and part number and you should be good to go (there are lots of YouTube videos you can watch)! It was a lot cheaper than buying a brand new tv!!

View solution in original post

25 REPLIES 25
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@karenyamilet11 

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried to perform a factory reset on the Roku TV to see if that resolves your issue? For more information about how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Mel2021

Jump to solution

I have this same issue now and resetting doesn't work. I have tried a few different way to reset it and nothing. 

Visitor45763
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

The OP's post sounded like it was due to a Roku update. Roku's software is notoriously buggy, untested (or, maybe a better way to say it is: the hardware Roku has licensed itself to run on is so broad that it can't be realistically tested on every revision of a tv model, etc. The bottom line is: it's unclear why there's so many update problems. Roku doesn't seem to be addressing it. It seems to be a status quo for Roku customers.).

Anyway, in some cases (the OP's case sounds like it's one), all you can do is factory reset. But, during the setup process, tell it you don't have internet. It will use whatever version of Roku software it came with. Then, never connect it to the internet (so it never gets an update.). In this way, you could continue to use your tv for antenna tv. And, you could buy an Android TV box (or Amazon Fire Stick) to use for streaming through an HDMI port. Basically "cut the cord" with Roku so your tv still works.

If you just bought it recently, and can still return it. Obviously that would be the smart move (I'd do that even if my tv wasn't broken, just from what I know now about what to expect with Roku TV). If it's still under warranty, open a claim with the manufacturer. Don't let them blame Roku. Your relationship is with the tv manufacturer, who has a relationship with Roku. (If they recognize a problem, let them stop putting Roku on their TVs. Roku will just tell you to talk to the tv manufacturer. Or, leave you to die on the vine without any answer whatsoever.). 

Another possibility would be to investigate replacing modules inside the tv. There are videos and blogs explaining how people fixed various problems this way. I have a theory that these modules aren't all the same. I think maybe batches of them are made on contract to the lowest bidder. Some Hisense (or Onn, or TCL) use a module from "one lot". Others get a module from another "lot." The chipsets may be different. Roku isn't testing their updates against all this. So, some owners of that brand or model have a problem, while others don't. I think there's some kind of hardware anarchy happening that everyone (at the manufacturing and Roku level accept as status quo). It's hard to explain how this kind of "an update broke my tv" when it's not breaking all tvs. (Sometimes the solution is different too. Some people can factory reset and be fixed. Others find unplugging the tv fixes something. Others, none of that works. It has to be different "revisions" of tv models, the modular boards they use.). 

"People are often amazed at how much we’ve done with the number of engineers we’ve got." (Roku CEO Anthony Wood, Austin Statesman, Oct 4, 2019). "Amazed" is one way of putting it.
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

My Roku TV is having the same problem by Hisense Hisense keep sending me the Roku and Roku keeps sending me back to Hisense it's never ending circle can I please get some help!

0 Kudos
ghiller

Jump to solution

I cannot get past the HiSense screen. Just blinks every 1520 seconds. Tried reset and no resolve

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hello @ghiller

We're sorry to hear about the issue you're experiencing.

Have you tried contacting the TV manufacturer to inquire further? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS.

For a list of Roku TV manufacturers contact information, visit our Community post here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV

Thank you for your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi everyone! I had this same problem with my Hisense Roku tv that I’ve had for two years. I ended up replacing the main power board for about $85 off of eBay. It fixed it right away and isn’t complicated to replace! Just look up your tv and part number and you should be good to go (there are lots of YouTube videos you can watch)! It was a lot cheaper than buying a brand new tv!!

d_ulrey

Re: How to fix flashing 'Hisense Roku TV' logo

Jump to solution

#Roku You need to provide a "FIX" for this issue. I have two ROKU TVs that are only a few months old. On the same day they both said I needed an update - which they did. Then both went to a black screen and will not work!  I have tried the "reset" button on the TV. I have tried unplugging/plugging. I have tried pressing the home button five times, the up arrow, the rewind twice, the fast forward twice, I have tried turning off the TV which is hard to do when all it is doing is flashing a red light on one TV and a white light on the other TV and holding the start button, etc. Basically, I have attempted every "solution" I have found on the internet which has led me here! I should not have to buy any electronic boards or be at a financial loss because these TVs were screwed by your update! WalMart refuses to assist me in any way with this issue and refers me to the manufacturers however everything I'm seeing online indicates it's a ROKU update issue! PLEASE help! I cannot afford two new TVs!

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: How to fix flashing 'Hisense Roku TV' logo

Jump to solution

@d_ulrey

Thanks for the post.

If you are experiencing an issue in which you are unable to turn on our TV, this would appear to be a hardware issue. 

Please contact your TV's manufacturer directly to report this issue and request additional support. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS. 

You can contact Hisense here: https://www.hisense-usa.com/support/ or at 1-888-935-8880.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos