Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Hisense Roku TV Dolby Vision failure

I have a 58" Hisense Roku TV and it has functioned perfectly for me until the release of shows in Dolby Vision. Whenever I attempt to play any program in Dolby Vision, I get what is shown in the picture below. There is no option to turn off Dolby Vision or any updated firmware to solve this problem.Bjorked Dolby VisionBjorked Dolby Vision

7 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Hisense Roku TV Dolby Vision failure

Same exact issue started yesterday on my 58”.. But as far as I know, unless the quality of the movies changed in the span of a couple days.. the Dolby Vision movies I have streamed in the week of having the television have played normally. HDR10 comes through perfect as well as other qualities.. Curious if this is something that can be amended or is a TV replacement/ upgrade in order?

Highlighted

Well, it looks like my problem has been fixed by a Roku software update.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Unfortunately mine has not, but great yours is back in order.. Hopefully mine will soon also.

Highlighted
Level 7

Same thing, no update yet

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

ok guys I fixed mine after checking for a update everyday and moves on Netflix with dolby vision being weird colors i unplugged the TV for 30 sec and plugged it in and tried and it fixed the problem :/ so weird 

Highlighted
Level 7

How did u do the update?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Hi. I just recently got a 65" Hisense Roku and I have the same problem. 95% of Dolby vision shows on Netflix doesn't work and I get the same pictures as the one you showed. I need confirmation that Hisense or Roku will work with an update cuz im already planning to return this tv and get a new one if this is unsolvable.

0 Kudos