Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Hisense Roku Smart TV HDR 50R6E1

Hisense 50" Class 4K UHD LED Roku Smart TV HDR 50R6E1

is either of these remotes compatible?

Enhanced voice remote With TV controls and personal shortcuts
Power up your TV, adjust the volume, mute, and control your streaming. Use Roku Voice to quickly search and more, enjoy private listening with connected headphones, and set personal shortcuts for one-touch control.

Compatible with:

Roku 4Roku Ultra LTRoku Ultra (model 4670)Roku Smart SoundbarRoku TV (model series 6000X, 7000X, C000X, 8000X, A000X)

Gaming remote
With voice search and private listening
Game on with buttons and motion control support for gaming, use Roku Voice, and enjoy private listening on your remote.

Compatible with:

Roku 2 (Only model 4210)Roku 3
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Hisense Roku Smart TV HDR 50R6E1

Do not get the gaming remote for sure.

As for the Enhanced Voice remote, go into your Hisense settings> system> about> Roku tv? What is the number ending in x? Does it fall in this range:

TV (model series 6000X, 7000X, C000X, 8000X, A000X)

Headphone jack remotes don't work with many models of roku tv, I have three in the house a insignia, hisense, and tcl, it only works with tcl. 

If you want a wifi remote with voice go with $19.99 Roku tv voice remote:

https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/roku-tv

I see the above is back ordered, the same remote rc-al7 is liseted uder streamers too, and is in stock:

https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/player

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

thanks, i will look. we are after the headphone jack like our roku ultra has (well it has the gaming remote). 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

If you have remote in the house already pair it to the tv, see if it works? Then if it does you'll know, and can order a new remote. Then move the old remote back to the Ultra and pair it with it. 

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

@gaarith wrote:

we are after the headphone jack like our roku ultra has (well it has the gaming remote). 

If that's all you need, why not simply install the Roku application on your cell phone (assuming it runs Android or Apple's OS)? It comes with some additional features, which may or may not appeal to you. I have only "entered the world of Roku" two days ago and, therefore, have not yet fully explored either the cell phone app or the Roku (television). But I have done so to some limited extent.

Specifically in regards to the app: The headphone function works, 100%! Tested both with traditional wired 'phones (earbuds) AND Bluetooth ones - go wireless and not be tethered to your television, lol (or, alternatively, do so and avoid the minimal chance of getting up for some sort of emergency and pulling your television off into the floor). The cell phone's virtual keyboard is, of course, approximately one million times more annoying than the actual physical keyboard on a desktop or laptop computer - but, for Roku use, it also happens to be approximately one million times LESS annoying than using the lame Roku onscreen "keyboard" and the physical remote's four-way direction button / OK button setup. So that should be a plus if you intend to search for any television shows and/or movies by name (or do any other text entry). 

I just tried using the microphone "icon" on my cell phone's virtual keyboard to perform a search. It stated that this function was unavailable. "That's odd," I thought, "I was under the impression that voice searching worked in the United States." Then I noticed that rather obvious (whoops!) microphone icon at the top of the Roku app. So that works, too.

0 Kudos