Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mossje

Hisense 65" Roku TV - no volume, headphone symbol appears

I have a Hisense Roku 65" 65R6E1 tv I just purchased.  I hooked up an ONN sound bar using the headphone jack and ran it to the auxillary input on the sound bar.  It all worked fine for a week.  The presence of the audio out through the headphone jack seemed to automatically mute the native TV speakers, which was fine because the sound bar worked. 

Suddenly, the sound bar stopped receiving or playing any audio.  Now it won't play but also the TV still thinks headphones/audio out is still plugged in (even after we removed it) and it won't play any volume. 

I completely reset the TV through the settings menu, but it still will not play any audio out of the TV.  I really need some help because i have no sound on a brand new TV.

Thanks in advance for any ideas!

11 REPLIES 11
br3nd4n
Channel Surfer

Re: Hisense 65" Roku TV - no volume, headphone symbol appears

I just got a new TCL 65" TV and am having the same issue. Headphone icon and no sound at all coming from the tv.

0 Kudos
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

@mossje @br3nd4n Thanks for the note. Have you tried restarting your TV from Settings>System>Power>System restart? Does this resolve the issue? Have you contacted Hisense support yet to report the issue and request support? Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support for their products. You can reach Hisense support here: https://www.hisense-usa.com/support/ or by calling 1-888-935-8880

A/V receivers and soundbars should be connected to your TV via an HDMI cable for optimal functionality, using the HDMI ARC port on the TV. I would try this option and see if this clears up the audio issue. 

Thanks,

Tanner

I'm having the same issue with no sound on my TCL Roku TV. I also have the headphone symbol. And I've gone as far as to reset the tv back to factory settings. HELP!

br3nd4n
Channel Surfer

i emailed TCL support, they're troubleshooting.
I'd recommend reaching out too if you issue continues.

0 Kudos
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

@Coach_Michele @br3nd4n  Thanks for sharing your reports as well.

- When did you first observe this issue occurring?

- What specific model of Roku TV do you own in Settings>System>About? 

- Had you previously used private listening on your TV prior to the loss of audio? 

- Does the lack of audio occur in streaming channels, when you switch to an HDMI input, on OTA antenna TV or multiple sources? 

- Is your TV connected to an A/V receiver or soundbar of any sort? 

- In Settings>Audio, what are your current audio settings selections for each entry? 

With more information, we can help pass feedback along to our team to investigate further as well. 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
Sfud

I was wondering if anyone resolved this problem? I have a brand new 58" roku and the same issue. My audio never came on just the headphone symbol.

0 Kudos
br3nd4n
Channel Surfer

I contacted customer support, they recognized this as a known issue and sent a tech to replace a part on my TV which corrected the issue.

Darthvader

Just got the same problem... I reset the tv to factory mode, that didn’t work. So I have think that if it’s stuck on headphone mode, maybe replace the jack for the headphone to a jack for speaker (connected the speaker instead of the headphone) and it work now. We’re just going to never touch that jack again.

0 Kudos
Tacoma20
Channel Surfer

I tried everything suggested on this website: 

I turned everything off. 
I unplugged everything. 
I did a “reset.”  
I did a “factory reset”
Nothing worked.

Then I went to www.forum/tomsguide.com
This worked for me:

Select “Settings” in Home Screen 
Select “Audio”
Select “S/PDIF and ARC”
(Auto detect)

(Your tv is probably on “Auto detect” which seems to be automatically sensing a headphone jack which is no longer inserted.)

Select “PCM-Stereo” or “Dolby Digital”

This fixed the problem for me. I hope it fixes it for you!

Mark
0 Kudos