Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hisense 55” Roku TV - 55R6095G5 - No Picture, Reboot Loop

My new Hisense Roku TV seems to be broken due to an auto update. It’s stuck in a constant reboot cycle where I can faintly see the logo, then it fades out and the red light under the tv flashes off then Back on. This started happening while we were watching a movie on Netflix, which generally runs poorly and is very slow to respond on the TV.

Model number: 55R609565

I’ve tried everything I could think of including holding the reset button for 2 minutes, power cycling. leaving unplugged for a couple days. Nothing helped. Hisense support (via Twitter) suggested I use the Roku software update site to download an update file manually, however that provided absolutely useless because this site requires your *ROKU* model number and not your HISENSE model number, and the only way to get the ROKU model number is to navigate through the TV menu and find it in the Roku settings.

This experience has been so upsetting and the runaround from Hisense has been maddening. The fact that Hisense and Roku don’t seem to actually be working together to support this Roku TV (see above) is really disappointing.

I’ll never buy another integrated “smart” TV, and after this experience will be extremely unlikely to ever buy another ROKU device again.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Hisense 55” Roku TV - 55R6095G5 - No Picture, Reboot Loop

@SacDJMindPalace

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried updating your TV with a USB to see if that resolves the issue? You can find more information about how to do this on our Support page here: Update your Roku TV with USB. In addition, we would also recommend trying to unplug your TV for 10-15 minutes and then plugging it back in to see if you are still experiencing the issue.

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Comfort

I'm having the same issue on my Roku TV, same model #

Hisense and Roku both said the issue is the main board and it would need to be replaced

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hi @Comfort

I hope you're doing well.

Please be advised that each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS. Since your affected device is a Hisense Roku TV, we suggest continuing to work with them to resolve the issue you are experiencing as they would best be able to assist you moving forward.

Thank you for your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos