Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hisense 50R6E3 TV unresponsive and stuck in restart loop after attempting to restart

I was having issues casting youtube to my tv and i also was having issues trying to pair the mobile app to the unit, so i turned on the "fast start tv" function and turned it of and then on. The tv appeared in the mobile apps devices 8 could connect to,  but it was in sleep mode and i had to "wake it up" but i was unable to do so. So i unplugged it and plugged it back in after about a minute. It started up like normal and i tried to cast and/or pair the mobile app with the same results as before. I was unable to pair the app to the tv or "wake thetue device" to no avail. So i then attempted to restart it using the restart option through the menus.

So i hit "restart" and the tv powers off like normal, and begins the restart cycle. But instead of powering on like normal, it powered on but the screen stayed off or black and the indicator light is flashing in a 3 flash pattern, repeating. I tried to use the power button on the remote and the tv is totally unresponsive.  I unplugged it for over a minute and plugged it back in and it immediately went into the restart cycle but the screen stayed black like before with the indicator flashing in the same pattern. I tried to reset it with the reset button and got no response. I tried unplugging it and holding reset at the same time, no change when plugged in again.

The unit is completely unresponsive. I am at a loss for why it would do this. Could the "fast start tv" function being enabled before attempting to restart the device have caused it to get stuck in an endless restart cycle? How do i fix it? Please help! 

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Hisense 50R6E3 TV unresponsive and stuck in restart loop after attempting to restart

Hi @MasterPink7

We're sorry to hear about the issue you're experiencing.

Have you tried contacting the TV manufacturer to inquire further? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS. 

You can reach them here: Support - Hisense USA

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator

Re: Hisense 50R6E3 TV unresponsive and stuck in restart loop after attempting to restart

I did. They were unable to provide a solution. I was hoping that the people here in the discussion board could help. Maybe someone out there has experienced a similar problem and could provide some helpful insight or advice 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

@MasterPink7

Thanks for the response.

Could you provide us with the serial number of the affected Roku TV? It consists of 12 alphanumeric characters and can be located at the back of the device itself. Once we have the information needed, we'll be able to forward it to our team for further assistance.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos