Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

HiSense 50” ROKU TV r6 Series Volume Turns Down By Itself

Jump to solution

This is SUPER frustrating. I just unpacked my brand new 50” HiSense Roku TV r6 series and the volume turns down automatically by itself. The tv has the latest updates.

Software Version 9.3.0. Build: 4194

When I turn the volume up, it turns all the way back down to 0. I’m about to take this thing back and switch to FireStick TV if this keeps going on. Can someone please help!! 

**Update**
The TV also will not turn off unless I unplug it. The volume box stays on the screen as if I’m continuously pressing it. Roku, please fix this or I’m taking this thing back to the store. This is crazy!!!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: HiSense 50” ROKU TV r6 Series Volume Turns Down By Itself

Jump to solution

Ok, I think that was it. There was a baby monitor in line of sight about 10 ft away from the TV. As soon as I unplugged the monitor the volume box went away and now its working!! Thanks for you help on this 👌🏾

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

Check the remote with cellphone camera, is the remote constantly flashing a beam of light? Sounds like a bad remote with a stuck key?

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

I appreciate your reply. The remote is not displaying a constant red flash at all. As I mentioned this is brand new out of box. The receiver underneath the TV is constantly flashing though. No stuck buttons. There’s a dialogue box on the upper right corner as if I’m pressing the volume but I’m not.

I tried a known Good HiSense remote that work in another room and it does the same thing. I also took the remote where it’s problematic and used with another tv. Both remotes are working on a different TV. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

Then check your other remotes in the room, stand in front of the tv see of you can block whatever signal is bombarding it. It doesn't have to be roku remote just that when you press the roku command it got caught in IR loop and keeps being resent over and over. 

Edmund
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Ok, I think that was it. There was a baby monitor in line of sight about 10 ft away from the TV. As soon as I unplugged the monitor the volume box went away and now its working!! Thanks for you help on this 👌🏾

View solution in original post