Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Help I cant get my XBox 1 to connect to my Roku TV

Jump to solution
I recently purchased four Roku Express boxes. I am very pleased with them. One dissapointing factor is when I turn on my Xbox One X. I get the screen stating there is nothing connected in the HDMI in port. I dont know what to do. I"ve tried unplugging and plugging back in turning and resetting where I put the HDMI. Once I unplug the HDMI plug, the Roku signal connects. What do I do to fix this?

Thank You,

John Dyson
[personal information removed]
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution
@RetTSGDyson

Have you tried replacing the HDMI cable connecting the Roku to the Xbox One? Does the same issue occur if you connect another device to the HDMI input on the console? 

If you've tried multiple cables and this still doesn't seem to resolve the issue, please PM me with more details about the behavior you see, including your Roku account email address, the serial number of your device from Settings>System>About, the model of Xbox One you own, and the make/model of TV that you have the Xbox One connected to. We'll take a closer look from there! 

Thanks,
Tanner
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution
I've tried everything on this forum and on YouTube. Everything reset, every reboot, swapping ends, every plug, 3 HDMI cables and my Sharp Roku TV will not see my Xbox one. Worst part is that I've been using it since June 27th and it was working fine. Two days ago, it came up with no signal and I haven't been able to get it back since. Anyone?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution
Hi there, 

In Settings>TV inputs>HDMI [# your device is connected to], try changing the HDMI mode setting from 'Auto' to both '1.4' and '2.0' to see if this makes any difference. 

If that still isn't doing the trick, I'd recommend contacting your Roku TV manufacturer for additional support. You can reach Sharp support here: http://www.sharpusa.com/Support.aspx

Thanks,
Tanner
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution
After all things checked, rechecked, etc., turns out it was a burned out HDMI port.  Thank you for your support.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution
Same problem. All ports work, all cables work. Xbox works. Roku works. Roku no longer "sees" my Xbox...
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution
I did all that none of it works. I am fed up with this tv
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I am having the same issues connecting an Xbox one to my Roku tv. Please help!!

0 Kudos

My hisense roku tv dosen't detect the signal from my xbox

Jump to solution

I saw a post with a similar problem to mine but our situations aren't exactly the same as,none of my hdmi ports are burned out. I've tried replacing the hdmi cable. I've tried factory resetting the tv. I've tried simply turning the tv off and on. I've tried unplugging the tv and waiting for sixty seconds before plugging it back into the outlet. I tried plugging the xbox up to another tv and it worked just fine,but once I plug it up to my roku tv again, it says no signal(is it on?). I'm not sure what to do at this point. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Same thing happening to me. I reset at lower resolution and it shows up, but if I try to change the resolution back to 1080p or 4k then it again says that it can't find the signal. Sounds like a lot of people are experiencing this. Any fix from Roku?

0 Kudos