Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Turnip
Level 9

Help: Audio out of sync new TCL TV 4 Series 65S421

I bought a TCL 652s421 and love it, bu tnow after 3 weeks i'm noticing a bad audio/vido lip synch issue. 

It's mostly when watching via the Spectrum TV Cable box.  You can tell the lips don't match up with the sound.   Sometimes it seems worse than others. 

I have read lots of posts on this in various forums and tried turning "game mode" on but it doesn't seem to help much if at all. 

I don't notice it as badly when using a built in app like Netflix or Hulu if at all. 

I have it hooked up to the Spectrum box via an HDMI cable. 

I have a Samsung soundbar using optical out but the issue also occurs if using the TCL built in audio speakers. 

Please help this is making me crazy!!!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
FIXAUDIOLAGplz
Level 8

Why will Roku not help us with the audio issue?

Why will Roku not help any of us with the audio lag issue? There are pages of posts in the TCL audio lag thread asking for help with no recent replies from Roku? Yet, Roku is responding on this forum to other threads. Why???

0 Kudos
Darragh
Level 7

Re: Why will Roku not help us with the audio issue?

I have this issue too. I am wondering if the TV is a dud

0 Kudos
Karmagedon
Level 10

Have tried enable/disable Game Mode?  When using input press * button on TV remote and go to the game mode in Picture Settings.  Turning on or off may help I think

0 Kudos
lesmikesell
Level 13

First try power-cycling the TV (actually pull the plug) - and perhaps restarting the cable box too to see if it makes any difference.   If that helps, maybe you can find some less drastic way to re-sync.

I have a similar issue on a Sony android TV where sometimes after using a TV app, going back to the cable box has the audio out of sync and found that temporarily switching to a different HDMI input on the TV and back to the cable box would clear it up.   Also, if you don't have a surround sound system, be sure the cable box is set to send stereo.

0 Kudos
Bowlrmike2
Level 7

Re: Help: Audio out of sync new TCL TV 4 Series 65S421

I had the same issue and did a system reset and it fixed it.

0 Kudos