Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
David1617
Channel Surfer

Half of my screen is dark

Half of my screen is dark. As other have said. I’m just adding to the pile. 

7131X

55S425

10.5.0 build 4210-30

J4993T340933

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Re: Half of my screen is dark

Roku does not make TVs. Your TV was made by TCL. If it’s under warranty contact TCL. Roku only makes the software. Not the hardware 

0 Kudos
David1617
Channel Surfer

You are wrong. It started after the last update. Work together with your manufacturers to fix the problem. 

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

@David1617  I don’t work for Roku. And again Roku did not make your TV. TCL did so reach out to them. You didn’t buy your TV from Roku

0 Kudos
David1617
Channel Surfer

Roku makes the software that runs the TV. A lot of people have had the same issue after the update. So go away and bother someone else

Ello2022
Roku Guru

@David1617 

If your TV is under warranty then contact TCL. Only they can warranty your TV. I own 3 TCL Roku TVs. All running Roku OS 10.5 with no issues. If half your screen is dark then it sounds like a hardware issue. If you plug a DVD player or something else into the TV via HDMI and the screen is half dark it will tell it’s a screen issue. Roku can’t warranty it. If you think it’s a software issue then try a factory reset. But name calling won’t help. What update are you referring to? 10.5 has been out for well over 6 months. Roku 11 is rolling out now. You aren’t running Roku 11 so not sure how your blaming software 

0 Kudos
David1617
Channel Surfer

Finally. You are trying to be helpful. Why wouldn’t you start out that way instead of coming off abrasive?  I get what you are saying but take a look at the issues here and on other forums. If you research it enough you will see that many, many people started having this issue on the last update for the tv. 

Ello2022
Roku Guru

@David1617   

No one is being abrasive and the last update is Roku OS 11. There is no recent update before that. So what you’re saying does not make any sense because Roku 10.5 has been out for a very long time. And until you can provide other links of the exact same problem as yours it’s irrelevant. Once again Roku did not make your TV TCL did. So the first place to go is TCL support. Not here. Roku cannot help you when your TV is under warranty. There isn’t some magic cure all. If your TV is older than 12 months then you’re on your own and you’re out of warranty. I gave you different options to try. But the first place you should try is TCL support. I have yet to see any complaints of people saying they’re screen is dark after Roku 11. 
https://support.tcl.com/us-roku-tv

0 Kudos