Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shmeek
Level 7

Re: Half of my screen dark on my TCL 55FS3850

Jump to solution

My 55FS3850 also just started this 2-3 weeks ago. This has to be software related. I believe the LED strips run across the tv. If it were LED backlight failure, I don't think it would just be a side that has dimmed.

RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

If you are still experiencing this issue, can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku TV brand and model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-photo/image of what you are experiencing

Once we have this information we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
Tags (1)
shmeek
Level 7

Jump to solution

PM sent

0 Kudos
Rckslick333
Level 7

Jump to solution

I too have sent you a DM Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Hanna1869
Level 8

Jump to solution

No as for the warrenty was up so we just got a new tv but its definetly a software problem 

0 Kudos
Hanna1869
Level 8

Re: 'Left Side' of TCL Roku TV screen dimmed after the 9.4 Update.

Jump to solution

we tried that too and didnt work just got a new tv as for the warranty was up and it was cheaper to get new one 

0 Kudos
alhumemedy
Level 7

Jump to solution

It SEEMS like an software issue sent with the latest update during the holiday season to encourage you to buy a new TV.

This company lost it is reputation and many people (thousands) decided not to buy this tv brand anymore.

I will give the company another week to see if they will solve the tv issue before I smash it and post the video on YouTube and all other social media.

0 Kudos
Noproblems210
Level 7

Jump to solution

I've noticed the same thing left side right after this update...

0 Kudos
EdArroyo43
Level 7

intermittant blank screen, then dimsreen on right side

Jump to solution

Started out with intermittent blank screen. Fixed with reset of 5 times Home - 1 Up - 2 RW - 2 FF. Then ended up with a dim right side of screen; something didn't have previously. Tried everything again.

Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
Nard1919
Level 7

Jump to solution

Just sent you the information needed plus a photo. This issue just started happening today @RokuDanny-R 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos