Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EdgeWRX
Level 8

Re: Half of my screen dark on my TCL 55FS3850

Jump to solution

I’m on my 2nd 55S423 with the same issue and have had it on a 65” also. Bottom half of my TV is noticeably dimmer. On a bright white background, the bottom corners are much darker and larger reaching across horizontally and nearly at the middle vertically. I’m outside warranty by a year and dreading another TV purchase. I’ve lost faith in TCL

0 Kudos
Hanna1869
Level 8

Jump to solution

So is this an ongoing issue with all these TV'S? Cause I have the same problem and just bought another Roku 55 TV 

0 Kudos
EdgeWRX
Level 8

Jump to solution

Definitely a known problem, though it can differ on what size the dimming is at, how severe, etc. I’ve seen posts on Reddit where people have a dark-dark half screen. It could happen to any tv really but it’s very prominent with TCL and they will not offer support if you’re over their 1 year warranty unless you purchased with a credit card that offers an extension 

0 Kudos
Jetman81
Level 7

Jump to solution

I've got this issue too, but the dark section only shows up when certain content is displayed.  I cant remember what I was watching when I noticed how clear the dark area is.  Any suggestions for content that will show this clearly? I got a protection plan so I need to provide proof.

0 Kudos
EdgeWRX
Level 8

Jump to solution

@Jetman81 wrote:

I've got this issue too, but the dark section only shows up when certain content is displayed.  I cant remember what I was watching when I noticed how clear the dark area is.  Any suggestions for content that will show this clearly? I got a protection plan so I need to provide proof.

You can go to the YouTube app and pull up a white screen tv test video to see where your panel is being affected by dimming. Highly recommend searching threads on Reddit for more community based support

0 Kudos
joe43wv
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have a 39" model and mine is doing the EXACT same thing. The left side of the screen is noticably darker. For this many of us to have an issue suddenly like this sounds like either faulty LED panels from TCL or the most recent update that has a bug in the software. My TV is a little over two years old. WAY to big of a coincidence that this many of us are having issues suddenly and at the exact same time.

0 Kudos
joe43wv
Level 7

Roku TV Left Side Darker

Jump to solution

My 39" TCL Roku TV just went dark on the left side of the screen. I saw on a similar post where other users were having the exact same issue. Just wanting to get a tally to see who else is having this issue and see if it's a faulty LED board from TCL or if the latest update has a glitch. Has anyone tried resetting their TV to see if that resets the LED panels?

0 Kudos
EdgeWRX
Level 8

Jump to solution

@joe43wv wrote:

I have a 39" model and mine is doing the EXACT same thing. The left side of the screen is noticably darker. For this many of us to have an issue suddenly like this sounds like either faulty LED panels from TCL or the most recent update that has a bug in the software. My TV is a little over two years old. WAY to big of a coincidence that this many of us are having issues suddenly and at the exact same time.

I have a picture of mine from 11/1 (this month) where it was still clear and uniform. Funny you mention it being caused by the firmware update because we all just had one done the 12th I think it was and it started about that time. You may be right 

0 Kudos
Wil112
Level 7

Jump to solution

I just got a TCL Roku 5 series QLED. I noticed when sitting to the side a shadow on the screen that I don’t see much if at all of sitting straight on. Is this normal due to viewing angle issues or some problem with this particular set? It isn’t the show screen just a vertical shadow near the center of the set Angle view

0 Kudos
joe43wv
Level 7

Jump to solution

UPDATE: I've used my TV all week and the left third of the screen LED's still weren't working. I turned my TV on last night after I got home from work and it's back to normal. It's been fine ever since. Not sure what happened but thankful it's back to normal.

0 Kudos