Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wisdom1970
Level 9

HELP

Why does my Roku smart tv keep turning off and on? It did this before and it magically fixed itself for a few months. But now its doing it again. It's gotta be an update that causes this because when it started doing it again my theme and other things were changed. HELP!!!! As many as this is happening to you think we'd get an answer on how to fix. 

3 Replies
MaryFranco
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: HELP

Hi @Wisdom1970,

Thanks for reaching us.

We recommend performing a factory reset on your Roku TV to see if that resolves the issue you are experiencing?
For more information about how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

We also suggest you reach out to the Roku TV manufacturer's customer support for the Roku TV issue for additional assistance. 

For a list of Roku TV manufacturers contact information, visit our Community post: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV

Thanks,

Mary

0 Kudos
Wisdom1970
Level 9

Factory reset does nothing for it. How can so many people that has this TV have this same problem and we can't get a resolve? This is ridiculous. My will work right for a few days..then suddenly go back to going on and off. 

RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Wisdom1970

Thanks for the post.

This may be related to a hardware issue on your TV. Have you tried contacting your Roku TV manufacturer support yet to inquire further? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support for their products running the Roku OS. 

For a list of Roku TV manufacturers contact information, visit our Support page here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos