Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Toddcarey

HELP - TV has been in storage for two years - how can I connect?

We have two Roku TVs that have been in storage since 2020. We finally had them delivered to our house, and the remotes don’t work. We can’t pair a new remote or use our Roku apps because the TV isn’t connected to our WiFi network, and we can’t connect the TV to a WiFi network without a remote/ app to do so. So… are our TVs somehow now irrelevant, even though they’re only two years old? We had just bought them. This is infuriating! Giant circular reference.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Re: HELP - TV has been in storage for two years - how can I connect?

Did you put new batteries in the remotes?  What brand of Roku TVs?

Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Do you have DirecTV remotes or cable box remotes? Try tv code 12049 or 10463 in them, see if you can control the Roku tv's. Pick up a cheap universal remote like this one:

onn. R113663 6-Device Universal Remote - Walmart.com

Works great on Roku tv for just $11.88. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Triumph326
Binge Watcher

@Toddcarey  Roku TV’s are not manufactured by Roku. Your TV is most likely a Hisense, ONN or a TCL. Those TV’s use an IR remote. So basically any universal IR remote will work. Also if you left the batteries in the remotes while in storage battery acid might have leaked out. 

0 Kudos