Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: HELP! My Roku TV doesn't show the "Display Type" setting.dw

That makes no sense to only have that option when you first set it up. So if I want to lower the resolution I have to completely reset tv to factory settings and start again? Why could you just not put the option on the menu? 

So your telling me I need a cable to freaking get better quality. What if I don’t want that and just wanna watch nextflix without dealing with this stupid freakin 700 op quality 

0 Kudos
humej2

My roku tv did not show  DISPLAY TYPE

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@humej2

Thanks for the post.

Can you please clarify your inquiry?

You will be able to access and change the display type when you first setup your Roku device/TV.

For more information about display type, please visit our Support page here: How do I change the display type on my Roku® streaming player?

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
mboscho

The Roku support people need to stop posting the same text and link. the link has the same **bleep** steps to click on “display type” in the settings but the whole thread is about the display type setting not being there. OP said they accessed the display type settings by pressing star when they were in a specific place (don’t really get where), so maybe the Roku people responding in this thread could elaborate on that instead of sending the same **bleep**.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Greetings @mboscho 

Welcome to the Roku Community and posting regarding the issue you are experiencing with your Roku TV. 

Please be aware that this thread is a much older thread that was originally opened for an outdated OS.

At this time, we would recommend searching the Roku Community for another thread related to the issue you are experiencing. If there are no other open threads similar to what you are seeing, please feel free to create a new post describing the issue.

We will be closing this thread out.

Happy Streaming,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos