Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
maypo
Binge Watcher

HDR viewing issue Disney Plus and Amazon Prime- ROKU TV screen turns into a green block

TCL 55s425  /// ROKU TV 7135x

S/N YNOOMY902308       ///    Device ID   KMK97M902308

Software/Build      9.4.0  ///  4200-30   (up to date per update check)

I am not a regular user of this TV.  I have been told this started happening a few weeks ago and has become an increasing problem for the  2 "users" of this TV.  I was asked to take a look last night when it happened again.  It appears that when trying to stream content coming in as HDR (the notification appears in the upper screen left (my right as i view it)  the screen turns into a green block as the video. They reported that it has been happening with AP and D+.  Everything else as far as i can tell is fine. Antenna(no cable) OTA and other streaming seem to be unaffected.  I tried changing videos/content providers and channels, but if i went back to the HDR content it happened again and again...until it didnt and then they watched their movie.  I hunted around forums last night and again this morning finding some similar related content regarding Roku devices, but not the Roku TV grabbing up the info i would need to post.  Hoping there is a solution or one to expect.

TCL/ROKU TV 55s425 /7135x OTA and wireless streaming Via Netgear Range max Router.
ROKU 2xs wired PlayOn running on 2.8 quad core cpu w/ PCI Netgear Rangemax compositely connected to Sony strdg920
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: HDR viewing issue Disney Plus and Amazon Prime- ROKU TV screen turns into a green block

@maypo

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide a screenshot of the issue you are experiencing so we can better understand what you are seeing?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
maypo
Binge Watcher

Re: HDR viewing issue Disney Plus and Amazon Prime- ROKU TV screen turns into a green block

I will try to get something as soon as one of the users tells me there is a problem...

TCL/ROKU TV 55s425 /7135x OTA and wireless streaming Via Netgear Range max Router.
ROKU 2xs wired PlayOn running on 2.8 quad core cpu w/ PCI Netgear Rangemax compositely connected to Sony strdg920
0 Kudos
maypo
Binge Watcher

No one has come to me and said they had a problem since i posted.  I did find an image on line of exactly what our screen looked like whezgif-7-bf0b28ac18f8.jpgen i was "called to action".

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @maypo,

Thanks for the follow-up.

This may be related to a hardware issue. Have you contacted your TV's manufacturer directly to report this issue and request additional support?
You can reach them here: https://support.tclusa.com/televisions or at 1-877-300-8837.

Thanks,

Mary

0 Kudos
maypo
Binge Watcher

I have not. Started my journey here.  Everything else works fine all the time, only experienced that issue a few times over a couple weeks and only with the HDR content.  Searching around some more someone with a similar problem labeled it a "handshake issue"   where the signal was not properly recognized.   I did see a video where someone with the problem unplugged the TV for a short period of time and then plugged it in again and all was fine, but apparently he has to do that recently.  That picture i copied in was not a TCL tv having the same issue we have experienced. I cant remember what brand it was though.

Are you also saying that there is no roku hardware in the tv or its licensed and not really yours and that is why i need to go to TCL?   

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@maypo

Thanks for the follow up.

Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support for their products running the Roku OS. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos