Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 9

Re: HDR bright flickering issue on TCL R625

At least they gave you a refund for your trouble in the end. They haven't done squat for me except tell me to do a factory reset which doesn't fix the problem! I'll never buy another TCL product again.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

@realmufasa 

Regarding that the processor is not fast enough makes no sense since I am seeing people have this issue on the 2018 model which I had, and I had no problems on that. That is why it makes me believe something is screwed up by a firmware or something. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

You’re probably right. I was making a guess on the processor. I’ve seen people on reddit complain about this on the Samsung forums too, so I don’t think it’s just a Roku problem. Who knows though, it could be Roku’s fault. Let’s hope it’s just firmware. Roku, if you’re listening, you should probably fix the firmware before people start resorting to legal action. Clearly nothing has been done by the customer service team  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

I hope so too. I also hope they fix the media player so I can watch 4K movie rips again. Also Dolby Vision doesn't have the flickering issue which also supports that it is a firmware issue, I feel. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

@samoth84 wrote:

@realmufasa 

Regarding that the processor is not fast enough makes no sense since I am seeing people have this issue on the 2018 model which I had, and I had no problems on that. That is why it makes me believe something is screwed up by a firmware or something. 

In my case I believe it is a firmware issue. Mine started after the last update. 

0 Kudos