Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Squatch
Level 7

HDMI's totally stopped working on RokuTV

Last night I was watching a show through my PC that was hooked up through HDMI cable to my TCL Roku TV.  I took a shower and came back to watch another show, but now none of the HDMI cables are working all of a sudden.  On the PC and separate PlayStation inputs it states there's no signal.

Things I tried:

Turning PC/PlayStation off-on.

Turning TV off/on

Factory Reset to TV

Different HDMI cords on different inputs

Has anyone else dealt with this, and if so has anyone remedied the issue?  Was there an update that screwed everything up?  If update messed things up, do I need to get different HDMI cords?  Basically none of my inputs are working and I've done everything I could to troubleshoot.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
boogernose
Level 10

Re: HDMI's totally stopped working on RokuTV

I guess its beyond warranty...

I hate to say this but this TCL brand seems problematic to many if you check the boards.

0 Kudos
mebygrace2
Level 7

I AM DEALING WITH IT NOW.  I guess that HDMI ports are fragile, and if you plug things in and out, they stop working...

BEST BUY told me that it is MORE expensive to have it fixed than to buy a new TV!

I didn't think this would happen... now, I can't use my DVD PLAYER or my ROKU PREMIER... 

The only solution I see, for me, now is buying a new TV..   unless there is a line that changes HDMI hooked to ROKU to another type of port on my TV??  Haven't looked for this yet, not optomistic (sp?)?

Have you found any other solutions, yet?

0 Kudos
mebygrace2
Level 7

On my 5 year old Vizio TV, the HDMI ports were never used much...   i.e.: plugging something in...  unplugging, plugging something else in...   gently!  A few, several, not constantly times.

I know others who have had HDMI ports stop working..   they are not meant to be USED...  they are fragile and break easily, evidently.

Next time, I will get a plug in, for the HDMI, an extension, short one or multiplyer -- so that on next/NEW TV, I will NOT have to plug and unplug directly into the HDMI ports.

Also, manufacturers need to make them stronger, more durable...   can you say "HEY, CHINA"!?

0 Kudos
boogernose
Level 10

Five years is pretty good mileage these days.

I would opt for a non-Smart tv with a lot of HDMI plugs.

Keep it simple. The brands I know of that are generally good quality are;

Sony, Sharp, Samsung, Vizio and LG.

Good Luck

0 Kudos