Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

HDMI Cable Box - Unable to find channels/live tv with Roku TV?

Jump to solution

This is our first TCL Roku TV we have purchased and we are having difficulties trying to set up the Live TV option.

We have a HDMI Cable Box from Cox Cable (the mini box) which typically connects to our tv and we are able to access to our cable channels. We have our cable box connected to HDMI 1, when we select HDMI 1 on the menu it shows a previous channel we had the box on. However, we are unable to change the channel. When we go to the Live TV option, we try to set up the connect from our cable box on HDMI 1 so we have access to our channels. However, every time we try (whether with or without channels 3 + 4) it claims no channels are found.

How do we access our other channels with our Roku remote if the Live TV option is not connecting to our HDMI cable box or how do we make it connect to our HDMI cable box? I tried to troubleshoot as much as I can but I am struggling here and not finding any clear answers online - whether from Roku itself or the TCL website.

Any and all help is appreciated... I apologize if this is already an answered question, but with searching I could not find anything. Thank you...

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: HDMI Cable Box - Unable to find channels/live tv with Roku TV?

Jump to solution

The Live TV option is for using an antenna and receiving OTA (over the air) channels.  If you have cable, set the TV to the appropriate HDMI input and then use your cable box remote to change channels.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

The Live TV option is for using an antenna and receiving OTA (over the air) channels.  If you have cable, set the TV to the appropriate HDMI input and then use your cable box remote to change channels.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thank you. Using the original cable box remote works. I appreciate your help!

0 Kudos